Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

By now, with this being my eleventh Scream Street review, I'm sure you're mostly familiar with the series, characters and premise. It's supernatural, comedic fiction for the 8+ age range and features some of the funniest lines of dialogue of recent years. Basically, if you have a child of this age, you should make this series a permanent fixture on their bookcase.

Hunger of the Yeti not only left me with aching sides, it also left me with a desire to own a baby yeti (these things are so cute, I promise!) and Resus's magical cape that isn't unlike Hermione's bottomless bag. Honestly, the boy has everything in that cape - corridors, furniture, rotting meat to feed Dave the Leech... you name it, it's in there! So yes, a cape and a tiny yeti will definitely be finding themselves on my Christmas list this year.

My favourite three young paranormals end up in Tibet, land of the yetis, because they need to return zombie Vein's tongue and that's now where he lives. They sort that quite easily, but what they don't plan on is a baby yeti hitching a ride back to Scream Street with them. Chaos ensues in the usual Scream Street way, with many a surprise twist and turn cropping up before the end of the book. Something really clever happens too, but you'll have to read the book to find out what I'm talking about. It's fun, though not for poor Resus!

I only have one more Scream Street book to read, and this fact saddens me greatly. I read (when I say read, I mean devoured) book twelve, Secret of the Changeling, last week, and the final book is due for publication in October. It has a dragon on the cover so I already know I'm going to love it. Bring it on, Mr. Donbavand!
on 4 November 2011
In your not familiar with these characters yet you should be as writer Tommy Donbavand has considered turning his lighting pace books of fun into a TV show. The cover artwork already shows what good cartoons the characters would be.

Book 11 our three heroes goes through another Hex gate to Tibet to locate retired zombie rock star Vein. Things get tricky as a ravenous baby yeti tries to follow them home to Scream Street. The home they go to isn't the one they know as they travel back in time and meet a surprisingly friendly young Sir Otto Sneer as well as witness the time paradox that will make Sir Otto the hated adult all of Scream Street knows. It will take a lot of magic and a little bit of luck for Luke, Resus and Cleo to return to their true home.
on 22 November 2011
My eight yr old son absolutely loves these books. I think it's fantastic the way he can't wait to read them and yet again this one had him reading it in one sitting.
on 18 April 2013
Is an amazing humorous book. It is very adventurous and outstanding illustration with an outstanding choice of words when Tommy donbavand created this book
on 7 December 2013
This is what my granddaughter asked for for her Christmas and found it on amazon. She wanted the complete set and got them all.
on 8 January 2013
Arrived on time. Bought this for my son (10) he loved it. Bought the other 12 in the series too.
on 23 October 2014
Gift for my Grandson, he loves these Scream Street books.