Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 December 2013
I bought this for my grandchildren in the hope that they too would love this book as I did as a child, and still do as an adult. This has to be my favorite of all time.
Hopefully, this book will become part of their book collection even when they have grown and have children of their own.
on 18 December 2000
i think this is great book and with great illustrations who can ask for more--ernest shepherd did a wonderful job of illustrations but if you like the story and want another book for gift giving this is it.
I purchased this book to read to my young grandson (4 years old). The book brought back many wonderful memories of my childhood and the magical world the story gives to a young child hearing it for the first time.

Until I started to read to my grandson I had forgotten what a wonderful story it is, far surpassing most of the modern tales for children. It still feels as fresh as the day it was written and is not dated at all.

For some reason, I don't know why children seem to be able to relate to stories about animals rather than about human beings, this is reflected in the number of programmes on children's television about animals.

Whether it be paper back or hard back with illustrations get the children in your family a copy of Wind in the Willows, I guarantee they will love it.
on 15 December 2013
A lovely book for any child who likes Wind in the Willows. The illustrations are excellent and children can spend ages looking at them and finding something new each time.
on 24 July 2013
Fabulous book with superb illustrations and good size print. Wonderful book to read aloud to a child and then pass on for them to read when they are older.
on 26 February 2013
I'm really pleased with the product, very beautifully illistrated. Hopefully a present that will be treasured and loved and read for generations to come.
on 28 November 2013
This is an absolutely lovely book, beautifully illustrated and bound, it's a great version Kenneth Grahame's enchanting children's adventure story.
on 5 August 2013
The illustrations are imaginative and beautifully presented, but read the small print! This is an ABRIDGED version of the book. Don't get caught out like I did! There is no 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and I only realised the book was abridged when I spotted there were two missing verses in 'Ducks' Ditty'.
on 18 April 2015
This is the most beautiful book and I highly recommend it for little and old. My granddaughter loves it. The illustrations a really nice also
on 29 December 2013
Excellent service and the book just like I remembered it from my chilhood. Lovely conditions. The illustrations are absolutely wonderful.