Customer reviews

Scream Street 6: Claw of the Werewolf
Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 May 2011
Rampage of the Goblins has to be one of the funniest books in this series so far. The Movers are featured more, and we encounter two brilliant characters: Dave the Leech (Resus's cute giant leech he found under a rock in his garden. I loved him.) and The Great Guff (a very stinky king goblin). There are also evil mermaids with horribly sharp teeth, an appearance from Heru the mummy, a royal wedding and an unexpected trip to Egypt. As you can see, there's a lot packed into this book!

I love it when the little green goblins show up in this series, especially Squiffer. It's an excuse for more cute illustrations from Lily Bernard of Cartoon Saloon, and the little creatures always provide pages and pages of humour. Their grasp of the English language is pretty bad, so they end up saying things like "I be here to make special announce". Hehe! I don't know if we'll see them again before the series ends with book 13, but I can always hope for one last big reunion.

4.5/5
on 16 January 2013
When the faceless robots move a new family into a house our three starts have to speed up their quest to save Scream Street by traveling to Cleo's home turf of Egypt Pyramids. A story that besides the Goblin in the title also has more mummies and mermaids than you can shake a stick at.
on 23 September 2015
We're hooked and love every book so far.
on 30 December 2010
My 10yr old son loves these books which is in a series and he has read all the previous ones and have been excellant value.
on 11 July 2014
My 9yr old loved this range.
on 8 January 2013
Arrived on time. Bought this for my son (10) he loved it. Bought the other 12 in the series too.
on 8 January 2013
Arrived on time. I bought this for my son (10) he loved it. I bought the other 12 I the series too!
on 6 April 2010
Book 6, Claw of the Werewolf, sees the end of Luke's quest to collect all six ancient relics and get the heck out of Scream Street. There are many twists and turns, and a few revelations that left me stunned (though I did guess one of them, for once! Go me!). It's not all plain sailing for our young heroines of Scream Street: there are tough decisions to make, and important people to rescue.

Claw of the Werewolf wraps up the first six-book story arc, and makes way for a whole new plot in book 7 (Invasion of the Normals). Although the series so far has been a continuation, what I like about the books is that any one of them can be read as a standalone story. There's a recap included at the beginning of each book, and major plot threads are repeated within the first twenty pages or so. It makes it very easy to dip in and out of the series, which is perfect for younger readers who may just pick up a random copy at a school or library.

I love this series, and I think I'm a big kid at heart. It helps that it's set on a street filled with supernatural creatures, has fantastic artwork (by Lily Bernard of Cartoon Saloon) and features a little vampire called Resus Negative. There's nothing I like more than scary lifeforms doing good deeds, and that's why Scream Street has now become a rival for Goosebumps in the battle for my favourite children's horror series.
on 6 January 2010
This book & indeed the series are an excellent read. I bought the entire collection for my daughter for Christmas & she has not been able to put them down. These books would suit a boy or girl and give hours of fun literature!
on 29 March 2010
The 6th in this wonderful series. My kids and I enjoy reading these together. In this book you will learn some secrets of scream street and Luke. A fantastical surprising book.