Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

In this beautifully illustrated book, Michael Morpurgo tells the story of Yannick, a young Parisian boy sent to stay with his aunt in Provence when his mother falls ill.
Yannick spends an idyllic month in the Provence countryside, and during his time there, he makes a surprising discovery.
The book looks like it is aimed at younger children, probably age 6/7 upwards, but I think that age group would need help to understand the story. I think it's more suitable for slightly older children, and would make a good 'read aloud at bedtime' book.
on 8 November 2013
Lovely little book, I enjoyed the story and really liked the illustrations, ideal for reading to children and then introducing his paintings, but enjoyable in own right too,
on 23 November 2015
This is a most wonderful story. I've read it so many times to my girls (6 years old) and they (and I) enjoy it every time. I think it suits both boys and girls. The illustrations are beautiful and so much to talk about in them. I've been to this area in France quite often and both the story and illustrations bring it to life.
on 28 January 2017
As ever, so well written! A believable account from 'inside the child!' I hope Michael Morpurgo never, ever grows up!
on 21 January 2014
I bought this Morpurgo book ('Meeting Cezanne') for some small relatives, and with high expectations. Sadly, I was a little disappointed.

Perhaps this is my fault. It was not what I expected. I will still watch Morpurgo with interest and anticipation.
on 29 April 2015
Lovely story . Stunning art work .
on 18 July 2016
Excellent book, thank you
on 4 December 2015
good story with a twist
on 27 November 2015
Cheap books! But postage was way too pricey! Not on for a small package!!!