Customer reviews

Ice Bear
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2017
Lovely book for my 6 year old. A must if your child is into wildlife (or you want them to be!).
on 7 February 2009
One of a number of children's non-fiction books I have been advised to read for a university course about writing for children.

This is a beautiful book with meaninful text. Recommended for adults too.
on 4 October 2006
This magical portrait reads more like a poem or a picture book. It's full of information and it speaks with authority to the reader. A great book for reading aloud to 5 to 8 year olds. A joy to read and incredibly educational.
on 28 March 2013
Not quite as good as Walk with a wolf, but still very good. My class enjoyed learning about Polar bears and the pictures are wonderful.
on 9 February 2010
An excellent book - a good combination of a story and also facts about polar bears and the planet. I am also on teacher training and this would be an excellent tool for a variety of age groups.
Amazon have recently altered their packaging which sadly meant this book turned up a bit bent.....not so great!
on 28 June 2010
Although I had to make up an entirely new story for my daughter aged 28 months at the time of the purchase, she loved this book and the illustrations of polar bears. The first-hand narrative was not suited for her age, I think, but children over 4-5 will probably enjoy this book on their own.
on 7 February 2015
I also got a free book. I was delighted with the inclusion of a free book in my pack. I was even more delighted that it was picture book classic 'Farmer Duck'.
on 4 June 2014
I bought this book to read to my class at school and I have to say they enjoyed it! Recommend it!
on 7 August 2015
My class loved this book and read it over and over again given the chance
on 14 May 2015
Lovely book and used as part of the Hamilton unit of work on persuasion.