Customer reviews

on 8 March 2017
lovely book
VINE VOICEon 14 June 2010
The first book of four; Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. 'Guess How Much I Love You in the Spring' is a super introduction to Spring. A charming short story about a Little Nutbrown Hare going for a walk with a Big Nutbrown Hare. Little Nutbrown Hare discovers new beginnings and changing life which hales the start of the first season.

The text by Sam McBratney is simple but not too short, clear and well spaced out. In time this will be perfect for paired reading and my daughter will enjoy reading this herself one day. The illustrations by Anita Jeram are beautiful water colours, not at all wishy washy.

The front and back covers are super strong board. These have a smooth matt finish which withstands wiping with a damp cloth. The pages are thinner yet strong, matt board which I think would also cope with a once over with same!

Measurements approx:-
Height just under 7 1/2 " just under 9 cm
Width 6 1/2 " 16.5 cm
Depth 3/4 " 2 cm

This sparked a lovely conversation with my little one; about baby animals and how some are very different to their parents, for example the caterpillar and butterfly, tadpole and frog. We talked about new buds growing on trees and plants as they wake up after their long Winter sleep. The finale is sweet and prompted us to look at early baby photos. We looked in a mirror to see the change, lots of super observations and discussions followed.

We have the Summer version too, it's just as delightful. I only wish I'd bought this at the same time. This really isn't just a story book, it's a conversational springboard!
on 26 May 2013
These are fabulous books as everyone knows. They have beautiful illustrations with a gentle, thought-provoking narrative for little children. The "Guess How Much I Love You" seasons books have been great for reading to my three year old son who is just this year, starting to notice things like the seasons. We have been buying the corresponding book each time a new season starts. This book is a lovely size and a pleasure to read for both adult and child. I highly recommend all the books in this series without hesitation.
on 18 June 2012
The whole Guess how much I love you range is such a tear jerker...

They are beautifully written and although Big Nutbrown Hare is not his mother I challenge any new mother in love with her baby not to fall head over heels for these books!

As my little boy has grown I hear him say things that I can imagine little Nutbrown Hare saying and thinking in the innocent way he does. It's so cute!
on 21 May 2013
My daughter loves 'Guess how much I love you' so I was really pleased to see other stories about the nut brown hares.I didnt realise that this was a board book but it didnt matter,my daughter likes it anyway,and its a nice, gentle (and quick!) story for bedtime.
on 7 November 2013
Once again a lovely book, beautifully illustrated. A delight to read to any child. A great buy. Great for little hands to hold.
on 18 September 2015
This is a lovely little book with really nice pictures and a great little story.
on 12 May 2015
Lovely book, fun, brief and engaging.
on 8 June 2015
Very good book my baby loves it!
on 13 March 2016