Format: Hardcover|Change

on 14 February 2010
WOW! This book is more of a work of art than a story book. You reveal the words of the story by opening up the curtains on each side of the stage but really this book doesn't even need words. The stage pops out in 3D with layers of detailed cut out pictures. My daughter and I mostly talk about the pop-up cut out pictures picking out details and making up our own dialgue. Such a treat to share together that although i've grown up with the story you can not tire of looking through this book. Just a warning to keep this away from curious toddlers.
on 2 December 2009
A most beautiful book, with stunning illustrations that have an incredible amount of minute detail!
on 19 November 2010
stunningly beautiful book - enchanting for children and adults - i bought one for my niece and was so knocked out I bought another for the house for little visitors ( and bigger residents) to enjoy. It's right up there with the best fantasy -magical and other worldly-like it should be!
on 16 October 2012
I am not reviewing the illustrations or the story itself for this book, simply the fact that IT ISN'T THE ONE REFERRED TO IN ALL THE REVIEWS. This is NOT a pop-up book. It is a standard, flat book. The pictures are very nicely done, but I was very disappointed when I received it since I was looking forward to the 3D 'stage sets' talked about in the reviews I'd read. I'm assuming this has been confused with the other HARDBACK book by the same illustrator. Make sure you order the hardback if it's the pop-up you want.
on 16 June 2011
This was a gift to my god daughter for her 8th birthday. She loved it so much she took it to her school for story time and got lots of parents asking where she got it from. I was also given The Wizard of Oz for my son and that is also lovely. Looks very impressive and is more than worth the money.
on 8 June 2013
This is a really beautiful book, where the pictures can really be entered into and explored. The 3d aspect of it brings the magic of the story alive. Each time I read it to my daughter we both find something different that we hadn't seen before. Its a lovely book!
on 3 December 2011
Absolutely gorgeous book. The pop ups are so lovely and have so much detail. The pages are cleverly layered so you really get a 3D feeling and the pages come to life. Everyone I've shown this book to was stunned at the beauty of it.
I bought one of these as a present then had to buy another as I loved it so much. Would recommend for a gift!
on 13 August 2014
Beautiful book, the story is amazing and the illustrations are superb, I have since bought it again as a gift as it really is beautiful inside, the perfect gift for any little girl.
on 23 October 2014
I have just bought this book for my 5 year old Grandaughter and it is all it said, a truly delightful book well worth the money.
on 7 June 2013
stunning and original stage set design. reluctant to let my 4 yr old have it but she has been very carefull and loves it