on 5 November 2015
Alex Rider is a stunning bookset and a must read for every child growing up. My sophisticated 11-year-old is a perfect target market, but I read also to my sensitive 9-year-old and despite being occasionally scared, she really enjoyed it. Lots of people die, often grotesquely, but Anthony Horowitz is sensitive to the target audience and doesn't labour the gore unnecessarily.
I particularly like how as little as possible is invented -- with lots of true information about modern history, culture, geography, statistics etc into the storytime. Snakehead, for example, deals very well with the realities of people smuggling.
I recommend reading these books in order, but it's not essential. Early on in each book, Anthony Horowitz summarises the relevant bits from the previous books. Like Bond stories, the basic plotline is identical in each book, but the relationships develop sequentially.
Personally, I think this blows Harry Potter and Percy Jackson out of the water. My daughter preferred Percy Jackson. There were many times where I was unable to read because I had a lump in my throat and needed to regain composure, as Alex's emotions (especially to loss of loved ones) is done well.
on 11 September 2014
The 7th instalment in the Alex Rider series see Alex landing in Australia. The poor boy is once again manipulated into a mission this time by the Australian Secret service. As expected from Horowitz action and gadgets are a plenty in this novel. It's nice to see the return of an old character by the name of Ben Daniels aka Fox one of the soldiers from the first book Stormbreaker. I found his character very refreshing and wish for more of him.
This book is action from start to finish and is one of the best ones in the series in my honest opinion.
on 28 September 2013
Snakehead continues immediately from the point where the previous book - Ark Angel - left off.

The book depicts another adventure for Alex which Anthony Horowitz has thought through carefully and in my opinion his expert attention to detail has paid off again.

This is a must have for Alex Rider and Anthony Horowitz fans.
on 20 May 2017
My 9 year old loves these books; exciting to read and challenging enough
on 29 October 2013
This book is really good it is a real page turner definitely worth 5 stars I couldn't stop reading the book and I loved the ending I can't wait to read the next book. If you like action then read from the start and get to the end you'll read it again twice.
on 16 March 2017
My grandsons love Alex Rider.
on 11 May 2015
Quite a grim story in places for Alex as it touches on organ harvesting. As with all the AR series (well, almost all), good story, appropriate ending, lots of gadgets!
on 17 August 2011
This series of graphic novels is superb. Lazy readers soon become avid readers.
Excellent way to prove reading is fun. Have given these as presents and the magic always works. Previous generations like mine had the comic to interest them - graphic novels work the same way. Highly recommend
on 27 September 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 December 2015
Really enjoyed this book. Was nice to be read it for a change. Highly recommended if you like audiobooks. Suitable for all