Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 23 July 2017
My daughter loves it.
on 4 December 2009
I originally bought this book for my oldest when she was 3 as she loved anything to do with birthdays. She absolutely adored the book, and still looks at it occasionally today (aged 5). My 20 month old youngest is obsessed with it and will sit for ages pulling the tabs, lifting the flaps, opening the birthday cards and blowing out the candles. There is quite a bit of variety in the activities, which may explain it's popularity. The pull tabs are a bit trashed now, but the girls don't seem to mind. One of the most successful books I've bought!
on 18 July 2006
My daughter insisted on reading this over and over. There are different effects caused by lifting flaps and pulling tabs...a bit too hard for her to do on her own as she's just over two, but she could do some of the flaps. The toy was also loved.
on 1 June 2010
We love this book. We originally found it in the library and borrowed it a lot then decided because we loved it so much that we would just buy a copy and 2 years later it is still a firm favourite for my 3 and half yr old and now for my 22mth old. The page with the birthday feast is the one that has been repaired the greatest number of times!
on 22 July 2016
Expect the usual quality from a Maisy book. Lovely bright pictures, doesn't take so long to read that the kids get bored, no irritating rhyming and repetition, lots and lots of flaps directly relating to the story which really keep the kids engaged.
Went down very well with my 3yo neice.
on 9 March 2008
This is a superb book, lovely colours, plenty of flaps to lift and tabs to pull. My little girl loved this from an early age and its still one of her favourites aged 2 1/2. She never tires of it and Maisy's Christmas is also a hit with her too. A superb book.
on 8 November 2015
Bought for my son's third Birthday to add to his collection of Maisy books. He loves lifting the flaps and pulling the tabs, especially the page with the presents. A great gift that he is still enjoying months later.
on 30 April 2009
I originally got this as a birthday present but didn't realise it was such a small book so gave it to my 2 1/2 year old instead. She enjoyed this book but some of the flaps were a bit small and fiddly.
on 10 July 2013
Your toddlers will love it! Beautifully designed and sturdy, with highlights such as the happy birthday nickers, the juice that drains from the glass, and the candles that blow out.
on 17 May 2009
Have got lots of flap books but this is a firm fave with my 18month old and she now sings happpy birthday at the end and blows out the candles. Just lovely.