Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 March 2016
I love the pictures in this, and though some have been blown up a great deal from the original books to be more colourable, and have slightly pixilated edges, they look good.
For me, the paper is no good. It's nice and thick, but it's too smooth with barely a tooth and I find my pencils have to be pressed reasonably hard to get colour down, leaving it looking very 'coloured in' in places. I like to layer colours no matter how small the thing I'm colouring and on this I can get a few down but it quickly gets a burnished shine on it and doesn't look great. I'm not enjoying it for that reason. My pencil has to be needle sharp to make it neat and I can afford to sharpen pencils away constantly because the paper isn't right.
Other people may prefer this paper of course. It's quick to get colour into it and fill it if you're pressing firmly and not layering them at all.

Edit: odd.y, this book has different paper on different pages. It's all white smooth, but the centre of the book, the garden page, is what I based my review on. Another page I started is much easier to lay down layers and colour. Strange. The pages are printed on in places with colour, so perhaps some are printed on different printer with different paper— I have no idea.
on 20 October 2016
This item was a lesson in reading the product information! I was expecting the A4 size but it is a mini book. I did wonder why it came with a magnifying glass and why one reviewer said not to waste my money on this and buy the Totally Essential Travel Collection (7 books in one) and now I understand. This is much smaller than the travel version (which my daughter wanted in the first place but I thought was a bit small) and very hard to see, hence the magnifying glass. On a plus side, as usual with Amazon, arrived in super quick time. I wouldn't recommend this product although the kids might find it fun with the magnifying glass.
on 26 January 2017
This is the way to keep children quiet! From the age of 3 or 4 my son was really into finding Wally. I would recommend these books to any parent wanting a few minutes peace. Offer a small treat if they find Wally on their own and you won't even hear 'Mum, I can't find him'.
on 2 December 2016
Bit Disapointed as i didnt see anywhere that this was a small hand held size version - i thought it was a large version.

And as i bought it for my 5 year old as a present who has a large book he was a little disapointed.
on 22 December 2015
So, this arrived early apparently. I'm still struggling to find it. I've found similar looking books on the mat but this one eludes me.

I've asked for help in locating it and have so far found a Wizard, SeaGull, Fat Woman Eating an Ice Cream... but no Wally book.

:-D
on 30 April 2017
Frustrating but brilliant in equal measure. Not to be attempted on days with poor concentration. Found fine liners are the best to use for this colouring book due to all the tiny detail. It's going to take several years to finish this!
on 18 January 2015
Where's Wally is still a favourite for young and old as you browse through the pages of this travel special looking for Wally and his friends. It doesn't matter how many times we look at this large book you always forget where all the characters are and spot little funny things going on in the scenes.
on 14 July 2016
I love wheres wally! I'm 27 and still my favourite reading book - I bought them for my little niece but not without going through and finding him first!
on 14 December 2013
My 7 year old son loves Where's Wally books. I had a quick look inside this one and it looks great. I know this one will get a lot of use over the Christmas holidays. The one in the school library has been removed as it has had so much wear and tear because all the kids love it so much.
on 15 December 2015
This arrived a few days ago as a little pre Christmas present for my son. He loves it and has already spent lots of time completing some of the sticker scenes. Great activity book at a reasonable price