Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 October 2008
I had the A3 sized book of this when i was a kid and loved it, so i thought i'd buy it for my son so he could point out all the many things happening on all the busy pages.

However i didn't realise that this book came in such a small pocket-sized version so when i bought it i got this piddly thing by mistake where it's so small you can't see what's going on in the pages.

The worst thing is, even though it only would cost a first class stamp to send, I paid £2.75 for the P&P. This is of course the Amazon standard P&P for all books on it's site, and such a one-size-fits-all policy doesn't work in practice.

My warning is dont' buy this smaller book and make sure you find and buy the larger version instead.
22 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2008
I bought this for my 5 year old granddaughter and she loves it. After finding Wally on every page she then has a list of characters to find on each page. She never tires of this book.
on 4 April 2014
I had this book when I was younger, then misplaced it. Growing up, I really enjoyed finding Wally in all the books. Now I wanted to share this with my own family, so nostalgia had me purchase it. Not a regret in sight! Bought directly from Amazon. Standard large size, so a bit tricky to take on travels but great to sit at home and go through with the family for fun guaranteed. Not just Wally but a whole host of other characters/items to find too in each picture.
on 21 December 2014
Bought as a fun little nonsense activity with my partner. We bought this book and were concerned having seen some reviews saying that they received the small version, having checked the dimensions on the website I was hopeful this shouldn't happen and can confirm that we received the large version measuring 25.3 x 0.4 x 31.6cm.

It's good fun to trying to spot all the characters and items in each two page scene, in some cases I'm not sure they're all there but will take this up with Amazon at a later date once I have exhausted all searching opportunities.

A great book, and we've been enjoying going "Where's Wally? There's Wally!" of an evening!
on 12 October 1999
Looking for the figures hidden from picture is very interesting. The picture itself is full of fun. The book breaks the language barrier -- my son and daughter really enjoy the work even they have very limited understanding on English.
on 22 December 2015
So, this arrived early apparently. I'm still struggling to find it. I've found similar looking books on the mat but this one eludes me.

I've asked for help in locating it and have so far found a Wizard, SeaGull, Fat Woman Eating an Ice Cream... but no Wally book.

:-D
on 25 May 2014
I heard that these pictures are good for autistic kids so I imagined my grandson would benefit. It certainly gives us something to chat about and ponder the little stories behind all the tiny characters.
However, it turned out that it's a myth that autistic children can see Wally easily - I had to help my grandson find Wally every time. Perhaps that says something about me...
on 18 February 2016
The book is tiny. I will admit to presuming it would be the size of the other Where's Wally books- ie nice and large with fairly complex images to hunt through. This one would fit in my jean pocket, and actually contains a credit-card size magnifying glass (piece of thin plastic). Not only that, the images dont appear as challenging as the ones in the big books. I'd have sent it back but my daughter wanted to keep it- more a possessive urge, I think, rather than appreciating that I wanted to source a bigger book.
on 9 February 2014
Introduced my son to where's wally about a year ago and he's still enjoying the book I once read, many years ago. At the point now where he has no surprises left. So of course I purchased a new one for him, which he is thoroughly enjoying. Arrived quickly, I will puschase more in the future.
on 2 January 2014
WOW THESE NEW TITLES ARE GREAT SO MUCH MORE TO LOOK FOR THERE IS EVEN A DOG CALLED WOOF,GREAT CONCENTRATION BOOSTER FOR ANY AGE UP TO" FOREVER " AGE,GREAT FUN GOOD PRICE,BROUGHT SERVERAL DIFFERENT TITLES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED