Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 March 2012
I used this with my reception class as an introduction to our houses and homes topic. The added extra is the great amount of PSE work that can be developed from this story. It has helped our children to learn to share, to not discriminate against others because of the way they look or act and most importantly it has helped those in our class who find it hard to share to realise that they are not alone and that they can change. Michael Rosen is one of our favourite authors and tells the story in such an engaging non-threatening way everyone can relate to and enjoy. A super book.
on 8 August 2017
Michael Rosen is ace, so I knew I would like this before it arrived. It is a nice story with lovely illustrations, about a child who doesn't want to share his box and how the children work things out. A nice moral message for young children.
on 17 May 2017
Lovely book
on 9 July 2010
I have to disagree with R. Fry. I don't think it overdoes political correctness. As a parent who was at one point bringing up a small child in a tiny urban flat it was extremely refreshing to find a children's book that didn't represent a world of white middle class children living in a pristine suburbia with names like George, James and Cameron. Finally, a modern book for kids, about kids, that doesn't shut a mock-Victorian leaded-light door in the face of the ordinary child.

Besides the political issues, it is a realistic portrayal of young children learning to share and work together, and it's really fun!
on 17 April 2011
I bought this book for my 2 year old son, he loves it. It heart warmingly explores children learning to share and celebrates difference. Great book. The DVD brings the story to life wonderfully.
on 1 August 2011
I have been racking my brains to remember the name of this book for years - I came across it when my children were young, loved it for the setting (real for children I work with) and the themes (imaginative play, sharing, potential bullying) - really good for provoking discussion with young children, as they so get it. Will be buying several to share with colleagues.
on 2 September 2011
This is a great story about sharing - good to read aloud either to a group or an individual child. The illustrations are bright, clear & uncluttered, but add to the humour of the story. It's also a brilliant book to act out with a giant cardboard box.
on 28 April 2016
Brilliant story- we use the statement 'don't be like George' with our boys as they are playing and it works like a dream!!! Love the idea, really easy for children to relate to and suitable from 2 upwards as images and story are very engaging!
on 26 August 2016
This a favourite book in our pre-school, it has a strong moral and our pupils will quote it when sharing problems arise. We purchased this book as the old copy had worn out.
on 21 July 2013
As an early years teacher my class are loving these story and DVD books. We share the book in the morning and then at the end of the day we watch the DVD and the kids are full of enthusiasm and talk lots about what they see and hear. Good to get them recalling the story they have heard before watching the DVD. Also loved by my 4 year old son! :-)