Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 November 2010
I bought this book for my 7 year old who is a voracious reader. She absolutely loves it and finds it both interesting and entertaining to read. There is certainly lots going on on each page to hold any childs attention as well as an adults - if I could get a look in!
Although my daughter is nine, and a very good reader, she still loves picture books and this is certainly a lovely picture book for slightly older children. This includes five of Charles Dickens most famous stories: "Oliver Twist," "Great Expectations," "A Tale of Two Cities," "David Copperfield," and "A Christmas Carol," told as strip cartoons.

This really is a delight. Marcia Williams brings the characters to life in her illustrations and there is so much humour and so much to pore over in the pages. I will certainly be buying more of her books and I think this is a wonderful book to share with your children. Hopefully, it will also encourage older children to read the original novels, once they are ready.
on 30 June 2013
I am looking forward to sharing this with the children I teach. Comic book style, intriguing illustrations and very well condensed language.
on 30 September 2012
A great picture version of Dickens amazing illustrations and the author has copied the storys very well. Good book for all ages.
on 27 September 2013
Great to have these classics in child friendly form. Speedy delivery. A fab stocking filler for Xmas. Will suit my 7 yr old.
on 17 January 2014
We thought we had all the Marcia Williams books which our 8 year old daughter loves to look at, so delighted to spot this one online. The book is a hit just like all the others. The service and delivery excellent.
on 28 October 2014
Great Product.. Colorful and fun to read.. Good introduction to this timeless Dickens classic and I am hoping it will whet my son's appetite to read all of Dickens' works.
on 28 January 2015
This book is for my son to read as he likes Oliver Twist.
on 22 February 2015
Good packaging. Book just as described. Thanks
on 5 January 2011
I purchased this book thinking it will be a great read for my 10 year old but was disappointed to see that this is more of picture story telling from the Great Dickens... reminds me of old comic books.. Fewer words and more pictures.. Suitable for children upto 7 years, I believe.. I have a 7 year old son who can easily read this and hence retained... otherwise would have returned..

If you are looking for a book that also helps improve the vocabulary of KS3 kids.. then this is not for them...