Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 July 2017
Beautiful book, bought off the back of my son's enjoyment of the King Arthur book by the same author. I also bought the Romans book at the same time but feel that that one is more suited to a slightly older reader of say 7-8 minimum due to the more factual nature, whereas this one could be enjoyed by readers as young as 5 as it is made up of a series of short stories. I have particularly enjoyed reading the greek myths to my son as they have introduced me to several stories that I was unfamiliar with.
on 16 July 2017
bought this book as part of teaching resources for year 3 and 4 children in literacy and they love this book as it is so visual and some have use it to inspire their storyline in their writing assessment.
on 15 March 2017
Good quality, lovely book written in simple comic style
on 4 April 2017
For school, easy and efficient service!
on 31 July 2017
nice book. my son loves it.
on 15 March 2017
I just love the illustrations and since we are exploring Greek myths at school, I've enjoyed finding out more at home.
on 17 June 2017
Great, easy to read, book
on 13 February 2015
Reviews of Theseus and the Minotaur by Marcia Williams.
Children aged 7-9.
Review by PF and TA
We recommend this book because it is funny, creepy and sad. The comic strip style appeals to us because it has lots of detailed pictures as well as short pieces of writing to tell the story.
Review by BC &
RR In Crete King Minos created a horrific monster - it was a MINOTOUR!
Every year King Minos would tell King Agues to send 7 boys and 7 girls to Crete to be killed by the Minotaur.
Theseus was furious about this so told his dad King Aegeus that he was going to Crete to slay the Minotaur himself…
We recommended this book because it’s very creative and we really like the comic bok style because the pictures tell you more information and they are funny!

Review by OR
It is good that Theseus killed the minotaur so that the people of Athens could stop being given to him for food.

Review by A.B.
I recommend the Theseus and the Minotaur myth because it is very good and the illustrations are fantastic! My best bit is when King Minos (Theseus’s dad) jumps of the cliff onto the rocks at the end.

Review by OY.
I like this story because there are a lot of characters. I think people should read this book because it is a good read. Theseus wanted to kill the hairy Minotaur because a lot of weak tributes from Athens got sent each year and it wasn’t fair.
on 17 April 2017
I had this book as a boy (over 20 years ago now). Thanks to the internet I was able to find it again! The stories are broken down in comic book form with images that enthrall young minds and bring classic Greek myths to life with plenty of black humour. The images in this book were still in my minds as I studied Classics at A level. Yes the stories are edited (as all myths are in different re-tellings) but the dark elements that make these stories what they are are left in. So may not be suitable for sensitive children or parents. But for parents who don't molly coddle thier kids and want to introduce their children to these classic stories - this is a must buy!
on 24 March 2010
A great resource for the classroom - I used with my Year 4 class and they loved them. A good mix of story and speech - good level of humour.