on 10 April 2017
This book is a right pleasure. With great humour, interesting chapters, and a great storyline, it is one of the best books I have ever read. But there are some minor problems in it. Many characters are brutally killed. And there are some smoking references. Apart from this edgy stuff, it's a great book. This gets a 10/10 from me!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 December 2017
Hilarious and great fun - adults and children loved it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 October 2006
I have 3 boys and the oldest is just starting to read anthony horowitz. I have read a few as well and this book certainly ranks highly in our house. Funny, easy to read, not complicated and with a great ending, highly recommended
on 19 February 2006
I had read the Alex Rider books, and the Groosham Grange books, so I decided to have a shot at the Diamond Brothers books.
Am I glad I started to read them.
These books are a lot more light-hearted than the Alex Rider books but definitely as good.
The chapter titles had me rolling on the floor laughing (The Fat Man, Grannies).
I thought that the plot was well worked out even though it was a bit slow near the beginning and took a while to get into second gear.
But when it did, boy did it take off. The chase in Selfridges was excellent. The best bit of the chase was when Nick ran through Santa's Grotto and was pulled onto Santa's lap. Santa got shot. He died.
My favourite character was The Fat Man. I expected (like everyone who has read the books) that he would be big and tough , but it turns out he has been on a diet and lost a bit too much weight.
The finale is brilliant; I knew that Betty Charlady would be important in the plot but I didn't think of this.
All in all, it turned out to be a superb read and I would definitely reccommend it to anybody who enjoys Anthony Horowitz novels.
on 18 June 2016
Excellent entertainment for a car journey adults and children enjoyed .
on 15 July 2007
I love Anthony Horowitz just bought all the other diamond brothers collection becuase this book is brill. Two brothers on a mission to find millions of pounds worth of jewels with only a box of maltesers to help them. Lots of tom-foolery and fun. Lots of parts i didnt see coming in this book brilliant, i missed lunch just so i could find out what happened
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 February 2011
Private Eye Tim Diamond is as thick as they come. Thank goodness for thirteen year old brother Nick! At least he is resourceful and has brains....

Cue for high speed adventure full of fun, deaths and surprises - the latter including an alligator called Fido, a plunging Bechstein and Christmas Eve chaos at Selfridges.

There is also much for adults to enjoy, with the staccato Raymond Chandler type style and all the tongue-in-cheek film noir references. One suspects Anthony Horowitz chuckled almost as much as he wrote as fans did as they read, he and they with good reasons for pleasure.

Recommended!
on 20 April 2012
This was a brilliant success on a car journey to France with 8 year old son, and daughters 20 and 18. We were all hooked and it made the journey pass much faster. I wasn't sure when I bought it if our son was going to be too young for it, but in fact he wanted to listen again on the way home - and favoured it over DVD's or playing on his DS!!
on 29 June 1999
Wonderful comic novel, full of allusions to, and parodies of, detective films and stories. Like the Simpsons it can be enjoyed by adults on one level, whilst children will still enjoy it without any knowledge of what is being sent up. I read this to my children, 11 and 8, and they both loved it.
on 16 September 2001
This book is simply hilarious. The jokes seamlessly blend in to the story unlike other books which go out of there way to be funny. The story is involving with fabulous characters and illustrations. Unlike most childrens books, The Falcons Malteser is not sickeningly politically correct. In this modern age it is a welcome breath of fresh air. Five stars.