I did it!!! I finally read On Dublin Street!!!! And..... I really liked it, yay for me!!!

This was one of those books that I've been left behind on and started to worry that as everyone else had loved the book so much that I may be disappointed but no, not this time, thank heavens!

It's pointless me summarising the storyline because, let's face it, one of two (thousand) of you have already done that, but it's basically the story of two people who after bumping into each other on what's expected to be a one-off fleeting encounter suddently find their lives intertwined.

Braden (yum) and Joss are the two characters in question and who the story is based around. Joss is broken after having experienced a horrific loss in her childhood and Braden struggles to trust.

Brought together by Braden's sister, and Joss's housemate, Ellie, the two find themselves unable to resist each other and their explosive relationship, if you could call it that, begins.

Although I really liked this book it didn't blow me away or make me want to read it again which is the only reason I didn't give it 4 stars.

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends....
on 29 July 2013
I loved the opening of this book, I thought it was really fast laced and I loved the concept of someone losing every thing and then moving to Edinburgh and finding a fabulous new housemate. The fact that this novel is set in Edinburgh is a real bonus for me, I love being able to picture where characters are when they are travelling around in a novel, and this was really nice for me to experience. The style of the flay is also typical of a tenement building just like those found in Edinburgh and Glasgow city centres.

Joss made a really good main character, although she did annoy me at points. She seems to mostly know her own mind although occasionally she will come out with things or make moves that I really didn't understand, or see where they were coming from. She seems to fly off the handle quite easily, something which seems to be indicative of young females in novels these days. She doesn't let herself be take advantage of though and I really liked that. She also comes to really appreciate family values and I was really pleased about this.

I really loved the character of Ellie-Joss's flatmate, she is bubbly and provides a very good platform for joss to push her boundaries. Ellie goes through a lot in the novel too and I would love to see a spin off featuring her, and telling her story, during or even post, on Dublin Street. Now Braden, opinions on Braden seem to differ somewhat. As the love interest in this novel, I wouldn't be able to describe him. I found him very one dimensional,with a very selfish personality and I really think that perhaps Joss ended up falling for him more out of convenience than any other reason. I'm really not a Braden fan, although this didn't take away from my enjoyment of the novel as a whole...

I would definitely recommend this novel to others, it was an enjoyable read, had good pace and a good plot line. The characters and the setting are very believable and I even found myself crying at points. The sex scenes in the novel really aren't too explicit meaning that those of a more delicate nature will still enjoy this for the quality writing that it is...
on 30 December 2013
This has been sat on my kindle for a few months but I finally started it. Wow what a story. Joss has been in emotional shut-down for eight years following the death of her family. She moves into a shared flat with Ellie on Dublin Street where she meets Ellie`s serial dater brother Braden. The attraction between them is explosive but Joss holds him firmly at arms length.
During the book Joss undergoes therapy to help her finally come to terms with what she has shoved deep down inside herself, it's a heart breaking read. Braden and Joss finally come to a "friends' with benefits" arrangement, even her therapist is on team Braden and manically cheering for him from the sidelines.
Something happens that forces Joss to revisit her internal turmoil and she pushes him away believing she is incapable of giving or receiving love. She has convinced herself that she is safer alone. If you haven`t read this yet, do as its seriously worth it.
on 25 September 2012
I've read the author's YA 'Lunamorte' series and enjoyed it very much so was pleased to see her publish an adult genre book. I absolutely loved the story. On Dublin Street is very well written with well developed characters. The leading man is to die for! Passionate, intense, funny - a totally excellent read!

The story is set in Edinburgh which is my home town. I've since moved to London and miss my old stomping ground SO much. All of Ms Young's references to the city are spot on and made me so homesick but incredibly happy as well!

I look forward to her next venture into adult romance with baited breath!
on 9 May 2013
I've just re-read this book because I've downloaded the sequel " Down London Road " and I wanted to recap the story. I loved it just as much second time around. It's a typical romance in many ways, in that a a smart beautiful girl who has sworn off relationships falls for a hot alpha male who adores her, but Samantha is a brilliant writer so this book stands out above the rest.
on 8 June 2017
Very saucy good book. I enjoyed reading this book and the delivery came quickly.
on 2 February 2013
I absolutely adored this book!

I downloaded it and started to read it straight away and couldn't put it down. I read it all in a little over 24 hours!

The characters were fabulous, the story gripping, sad and exciting in equal measures.

I hope there will be more in the series....
on 25 May 2013
I did enjoy this book, story all the way through and funny in some places, I would recommend this book to my friends, and as I liked it so much I have now ordered the next one London Road, Go on have a good read.
on 8 October 2012
I really liked this book. Not rocket science but a good read. The characters are all very likable and the story has a few twists and turns until it comes to it's slightly predictable ending. I have read this author before and this style and genre suits her well. Will read more by her with out a doubt.
on 6 January 2013
This was so much better than a certain popular trilogy, the writing, the characters, the storyline, really enjoyed this, especially after reading some of the free dross for my kindle, well worth paying and shall recommend it to my friends.