Customer reviews

on 25 February 2017
Lady boys (the cocktail) and chocolate oranges with some superficial damage to the box abound in this fabulous book. Perfect for reading on journeys to owl sanctuaries, it'll blow your socks off. A fair amount of Sue Cook in there, too, if that tickles your fancy.
on 12 March 2017
What can I say? It was text-book!! Jackanackanory!! Aha!!
on 20 May 2015
This is First Class. I'm now awaiting a follow up book that includes the scripts from Mid Morning Matters/Alpha Papa etc, apropos achieving the best thing that has happened to me since I got thrown out by my ex-wife
on 21 June 2016
Not my words Carol, the words of Shakin' Stevens.
on 18 November 2007
This book is simply all the scripts for everything that Alan Partridge has ever done (minus, I suppose, the sketches from The Day Today). The writing is genius. On the negative side, part of the pleasure of Alan Partridge is Steve's Coogan's physical performance. Obviously you can't get that here, but if you've seen the shows, or know Alan as a character, it jumps off the page.

Part of this was new to me, as I've never experienced the 6 radio shows. Reading them here for the first time I was literally laughing out loud. It's also interesting to see how the team were trying out ideas which were later developed in the TV show.
on 1 February 2014
Love the book but the penny dropped on receipt that it covers everything up to around 2003; I missed a trick here as I thought it would include the most recent stuff too.
on 6 April 2015
It's textbook Amazon, It really is!

I actually gets better with every read, not like that idiot who drinks yellow stuff.
on 8 January 2012
At last, a volume to pour over. It serves the pedant and dilettante equally well. Particularly in those rare moments when an urbane aside or a light hearted laugh at a public speaking event is needed. Best man speech nerves evaporate in the sweeeet sweet light when faced by his mighty arsenal of quips. A word of caution, this is only for the most ardent Alanist. It can -and sadly has in the past- go deeply wrong. I guess that Partrigesque (No French) panache can never truly be mastered and imitation can be a cruel mistress. To my (considerable) knowledge, it is the only work in the genre that attempts to encapsulate the paradox of 'household name'/'deeply private man' that is Partridge. In short, it's the key to the Enigma Code. That said, so far I have managed to keep my bookshelves free from the taint of the 'The Great And Satanic' Digger Of Oz. I'm sure sending the manuscript off to the wrong publisher was an oversight and as such I am prepared to rationalise it away for the time being. I feel that it's time to advance the debate that is hotly contested in the dreaming halls of British Academia (both Stone and red Bric alike). 'Word' has been invaluable in writing various courses. The Carvery Years 2.1 a particularly good example. To my critics I say read the small print, and I think you'll find I'm right. Well, that's enough advancing for today. I must mention that in (the pending) second edition I would of course waive my fee if this review is put on the back cover, abridged -but too much. Although I can see merit in the earlier review attempted by the man (I think it's a man) Ethan of Brighton. If only his understanding matched his ambition. If his must be included, I insist that it's underneath mine and in smaller script. On second thoughts best keep it for the inevitable 4th edition. To conclude, I say READ the ruddy thing as the ground has been truly been broken by it's weight (heavy and gravitas entendres intended)(I said no French!).
on 9 June 2010
I bought this for my boyfriend as he enjoys reading comedy scripts. He is a big fan of Alan Partridge and really enjoyed reading the scripts from both the TV and radio shows, phsically laughing out loud.
on 11 July 2005
No surprises here. If you've seen or heard the shows, they are reproduced here for your reading pleasure. Ideal for when you are away somewhere without access to the DVDs - if you know the programmes well enough it's just like watching them in your own head.
There are a few little extras, which although good are not worth buying the book for alone - you will need to enjoy the scripts themselves to be a worthwhile purchase.
Hardcore Partridge fans may notice quite a number of errors. FOr example, the DUchess of Stranraer for some reason has been documented as the Duchess of Stranraugh.
Nevertheless is has to get 5 stars for soem of the most entertaining radio and TV I've seen.