on 26 December 2013
I bought this for my six year old son who is obsessed with Doctor Who - just like his good (43 year) old dad! We have been watching all of the stories on DVD from the start (currently on Jon Pertwee) and he is keen to lap up as much information as he can.

This is not a book for the die hard adult fan - there's nothing in here they won't already know, but it's perfect for a youngster keen to lap up facts about the show. There are lists of stories, pictures of each regeneration sequence and facts and figures on all the companions and monsters. Of all the presents my son had on Christmas Day, this was by far his favourite, he hardly put it down all day. Later we were all treated to re-enactments of all the regenerations - his Patrick Troughton spinning around and then Jon Pertwee falling out of the Tardis is a classic.

Now that the Doctor's been given 12 new lives, who knows, my budding actor of a son may even end up becoming Doctor #21 or something one day! If he does, I'm sure reading this book will have helped!

I highly recommend this book!
on 7 November 2015
I had some catching up to do on the Dr Who monsters and found some I didn't know about, what did surprise me is that I thought I knew every one of them but found some of them I didn't know. It's quite a heavy book and being hard back means it should not crumple like the soft backs tend to do, get reacquainted with the enemies with this book you will not regret it.
on 2 November 2013
Have read other reviews, and seen that they have been mixed. Overall, I am glad I bought it. Puts the whole off Doctor Who into perspective. I like the way it is written in simple language. Pictures are brilliant! Includes still type photos of each Doctors regeneration process, which I haven' t come across in any other book before. Even though I am a self confessed geek, I even found some classic monsters that I haven't seen before. Gives the right balance of The Classic and New series. Makes me even more excited for the forthcoming celebrations! Great way for geeks (young and old) to celebrate the longest running Sci-Fi series in the World!
on 2 December 2013
What an amazing book. It shows you so much on each and every doctor up to number 11. You don't have the older Doctor no 8 (John Hurt) in the book but it tells you and shows you so much.

You get a run down of all the episode names and what year they are in.

You get information on tech, companions and foes for each doctor.

It is a gem of a book one that I will treasure.
on 28 January 2014
I would have given this 3 1/2 stars as it is certainly more than adequate, I write this for an adult point of view (as I am one allegedly). This book is intended for children, but I am a 'completionist' and as such wanted to add it - the facts are basic, but for children who likely don't know the program's history it is very good and easy to follow. From my perspective some of the photos are quite rare and indeed very interesting to see. Worth adding to your collection if that's your thing like me but more geared for the kids!
on 23 August 2017
Great book for a Dr. Who loving child or adult. Good quality, well presented.
on 14 March 2014
Very simple and clear edition to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Has all the doctors and companions and "time vortex" for each doctor's tardis. All with lots of photos. I'm happy with my purchase and proud of this addition to my Doctor Who library.
on 26 December 2013
I bought this book for a friend of mine and when he opened his Christmas present and saw this book, he was very happy. He had a quick look at the pages and said he will certainly spent hours reading it. A good book and a good present for all Dr Who enthusiasts!!!
on 9 December 2015
Bought this book for my husband for Christmas, he is a Dr Who Fan, cannot wait to see his face on Christmas morning when he opens this gift.
on 29 November 2013
My son likes to watch Doctor Who when ever it's on tv, so when I saw this special 50th anniversary book I thought he might like it for Christmas. It is a substantial size book with a hard cover and lots and lots of interesting bits inside.mi hope he like it!