Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 January 2013
A simply brilliant, additive read that anyone who has read Gabriel's Inferno should follow up with (unless you really didn't like Inferno :/). The book draws you in, I found it difficult to put down, possibly more so that Gabriel's Inferno, desperate to get to the end of the story but at the same time hoping it never ends, then when finally complete it leaves you wanting, totally and utterly recommended. I understand that will be a third book later this year (2013) I really do hope so and can't wait.
on 17 July 2017
A real page turner! A lot more exciting than the first. Easy read and very romantic. Finished in a day !
on 12 March 2017
amazing!
on 14 June 2013
I've laughed, cried and worried reading this book. The intense story had me hooked from the start. Amazing book. Can't wait for the final book...
on 26 August 2013
A superbly written must read. An emotional continuation of this beautiful love story. Can't wait to read Gabriel's Redemption.

These books are definitely my all time favourite book series
on 25 April 2013
Loved both of the books in this series. Characters were well thought out and the story line just gets better and better. Cant wait for the third now!
on 25 September 2012
I loved 50 shades but I was completely hooked from the start. I'd never read a romance/love story before- they just weren't my first choice, or 2nd or 3rd actually. I've never been interested in them and the thought of "chick lit" makes me feel quite ill!
So, enjoying 50 shades was a surprise and since then I've nothing but romance/love stories.
I understand why people said 50shades was badly written, although personally I didn't really notice (too engrossed in the story).... Now I totally see why... Gabriel's inferno and, this one Gabriel's Rapture are just wonderful. The romantic quotes and verses, the places and descriptions are just beautiful.
I loved the story, although its similar to many I have now read. But Gabriel and Julia are so well written... I was heartbroken for Julia and dreaded what would happen with the story.
My only criticism is that it ended too suddenly... I was expecting a few more chapters. I WANTED more chapters....

I will missed Gabriel and Julia as much as I missed Christian and Ana.
on 18 July 2017
I lack the will to perches the second book because this just went on and on . it bored me through out the book.
on 13 October 2012
Wow.I am left speechless.

I adored these books. I'm not even sure adored is the best word to decribe how I feel about these books.

I didn't put them down for 2 days. I read well into the night and picked my Kindle back up as soon as I awoke.

The story is just beautiful and the characters are beautiful too.

Gabriel and Julianne are not perfect, but they are perfect for each other.

I am so sorry there is no more books in this series to read. I long for more of Gabriel and Julianne. I long to know more about their lives. I long to know what happens after this book for them.

I hope sometime soon there is .... more.
on 16 September 2012
I jest, of course.

One word for this book; erratic. Some of the content is wonderful, 5 star quality stuff, some of it is annoying, and some of it is actually a bit cringey.

If you've read Gabriel's Inferno, which was brilliant, then I do recommend you read Gabriel's Rapture, because ultimately it is a satisfying conclusion, but be prepared to wince and huff a bit along the way.

****** SPOILERS FROM HERE ******

What Works

The fantastic connection that the author develops between Julia and Gabriel. It's astonishing. It's also the reason for so many 5 star reviews.

The literary refernces and the fabulously romantic settings.

Some of the writing and some of the concepts the author explores are wonderful.

What Doesn't Work

Is it me, or was Gabriel so over-the-top redeemed by the end that he seemed meek and emasculated? Some of Gabriel's "caring" was, quite frankly, a bit back-away-slowly-dysfunctional. His behaviour became so over-romanticised that it became a cringeworthy parody of what women expect from a romance rather than a depiction of what felt like a genuine and real relationship.

Some of the dialogue, particularly some of the romantic stuff uttered by Gabriel, was so over-the-top that any right-minded woman would be booking a plane ticket to Paul's place, where at least she could be sure of having a sensible conversation.

Both their behaviour was so baffling at times that even I, who live in a dream world (!), couldn't suspend my disbelief.

The obstacle to their relationship felt really contrived and much of the story was driven by (I can hardly say it) The Misunderstanding. (Wash my mouth out)

Christa. Where is she? The story lacked that satisfying "Grr! Foiled again!", stamps foot, and exits moment

I am not a fan of the "Sweet + virginal + Weak = Good" equation of romantic heroines. Got to be honest, Julia could be really pathetic and annoying. I thought her goodness became cloying, and some of her expectations ridiculous. Similarly I think the author overused the religious themes to try to create a sense of of the spiritual in their relationship.

Overall, it resulted in that kind of overdone Susan Elizabeth Phillips-esque effect where the author just goes too far and tries too hard. I found the inclusion of the miscarried baby, the Franciscans, orphans, homeless etc etc. weirdly manipulative and overly sentimental. What man puts a scan picture of a miscarried baby in a frame on his desk? It's just too weird. I also felt that I was being preached to at times, especially regarding a pro-life agenda. Either write religious pamphlets or romance novels. Please don't try and combine them both.

That said, the ending was very satisfying which, we all know, causes women to leap to the computer in their droves to offer up 5 star reviews as tokens of their thanks. Sorry. I wish I could do that, but it just wasn't good enough.

RECOMMENDATION
Want another superb college romance like Gabriel's Inferno?
Try Easy