3,689
Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 June 2013
As with all reviewers comments I have been waiting for the release of this book for a VERY long time. In the meantime, reading lots of books that have 'wanna be' GC's so I could get my fix. This 'final' part of teh trilogy was supposed to tie up all the mystery of Gideon's past and be the HEA we were hoping for. I have just finished the book and I am angry that it has been stretched and watered down to fit in another book. I feel cheated that we have been given a mini story built around one long marathon of sex. Don't get me wrong part of the addiction of these books is that Sylvia Day has created two extremely sexy characters, who have fantastic chemistry, but the extent of the sex in this book, sacrificed what should have been the conclusion of an intense love story. I can't believe I got to the point of actually skim reading over the sex parts to get to some story there were that many of them. At this moment in time, no I wont be ordering the next book.
2626 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 June 2013
On reflection I think this book was pretty much just one massive build up to her sticking her finger up his bum.....
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2013
After waiting MONTHS FOR this book.... to say I am disappointed and livid is a understatement. No story line, no conclusions, just toe curly sex (Eva's words) every other page and the ending......was my down load not completed? Then we get don't worry book 4 coming soon... keep ripping us fans off!!!! Can I get a refund????
on 4 June 2013
Do you know what 'trilogy' means, Sylvia Day? What a rip off. Felt totally cheated by awful writing and lack of ending!!! Goodbye.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2013
After enjoying the first two installments i was shocked at this book, no story, nothing really and no chance of me waiting months to find out what happens......again.
on 11 June 2013
I guess I just have to reiterate what most of your other reader's have stated...what happened, it was supposed to be a trilogy!! Simply put we DO feel cheated.... firstly into waiting a year for what we all thought to be the final conclusion to Eve & Gideon's story to finding out.. what should of been the end to a good story now continues!!!!

Your Agent / Publishing house obviously think your readers are moneycow's and will continue to wait (what another year) to purchase the Forth book of a trilogy!!! well I'm guessing after reading your other review's that they took a gamble and it backfired BIGTIME. Definitely the wrong move, maybe you should be looking for a new Agent.

There's no doubt that your a good writer with a wonderful sexy imagination but let me emphasis, your readers are not stupid. You had the opportunity to make the Crossfire Trilogy a great set of book's of which your readers would happily re-read but instead you and your Agent / Publisher have chosen to fill you pockets with your fan's hard earned money and let's be honest we had to dedicated fans to wait the year for the NOW NON CONCLUSION....
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 August 2013
I have read the previous two books and I was hopping this one could bring some conclusion to the story between Eva & Gideon, intead Sylvia Day just gives us more of the same, apart from the secret marriage between them nothing really concludes. I am now officially bored of the story and not sure I want to read a forth book about same all, same all!
on 5 June 2013
Firstly this was supposed to be a triolgy as in three books not five. Now we are going to have to wait God knows how long for the next book. Really disappointed no real story some questions answered from previous books but found myself getting really bored. I cud skip chapters and not miss much they were still having sex . So repetitive. Frankly not good enough Ms Day
on 7 August 2013
I think it is cynical to set up a trilogy and then try to pad it out to make more money, which is the only possible reason I can think of to justify such a poorly plotted, weak third book. (What happens? Nothing. Oh yeah, lots of set ups for sex which are boringly written and tedious. If I see the word 'plush head' once more in relation to a penis...is it a cushion? or just covered in velveteen?)
Gideon seems like a different character. The author's patronising note to her readers at the end of the third book really just added insult to injury. I feel like I am just a money making opportunity to Sylvia Day. As a result I won't be buying any more of her work - and by the way, now, I really couldn't care less about what happens in Book 4.
on 4 June 2013
This book is a pointless money making scheme. Nothing happens! There is no story line, its incredibly short and there is just a lot of repetative sex scenes. There is no ending and you have to wait for the next book to waste your money on finding out what happens. I enjoyed the first 2 books even if they were remarkably like 50 shades but this is terrible!