Customer reviews

on 17 March 2017
Excellent book - good mix of text and diagrams and follows the syllabus. Great seller - I always use this seller when available.
on 13 March 2017
Excellent
on 8 January 2011
My daughter started year 7 at High School, last September. Within days she was getting herself into a panic over the Science homework she'd been set. When I tried to help her out, I struggled a bit myself (and this is science for eleven year olds - for goodness sake) - it turns out that the school had issued the girls with the 'CD' version of this book to work from! While a CD does have its uses (and one was included with the book we ordered) - I, personally, don't think you can beat a 'proper' text book for study and it seems my daughter takes after me(?)...

Having this book at home has really helped her. Since it is her own, personal, property - I have told her she is free to make her own notes in margins, highlight important text or underline words,etc. Infact, anything that helps her remember or understand the topic and 'brings it to life'. Because of this, having her own textbook has proved to be better than a school copy could ever have been!

The best of both worlds - and we even have a spare CD to boot:0)
on 18 February 2010
This was bought as a revision guide for my son- well to revise- at home after he finishes homework or is preparing for a test. He is in yr. 7 and I beleive it has been very helpful as it is the one he uses in school. It has very precise and useful information. With this I also believe he has made very good progress. To be honest he is good and enjoys Science but this has taken him one step forward.

I hope you find this purchase a good one with a fair price.
on 4 October 2012
This book was amazing for me as I have only just moved up to year 7 and I am quite geeky at the moment. We use this book in class aswell and I always find it useful if you have one at home too. This book covers everything you will learn in year 7 and more, in loads of detail. It never fails to impress. I would defiantly reccomend this book to any pupil in year 7. It is a must have product for any year 7 student that likes sciene.
on 18 October 2015
This is clear to read & easy to use BUT the claim of interactive CD is misleading. It is not interactive , just a repeat of the book & extra resource pages . It does not link to a website which is implied by the description . Finally I specifically bought this for my son, due to the CD. This is NOT an audio CD, its really a portable computer based replica of the book . Such a shame, as my son learns well with audio information. Hence the 3 stars.
Delivery as usual from Amazon just excellent.
on 10 March 2014
Bought for my sun to revise for exam, its well written, easy to read and understand, plenty of examples, photos and questions after each section, indicating to the Child the key words (their meaning at the back of the book) and what he/she should be able to recall after every section and topic. It also has a CD, have not used it yet, I presume it will be as good as the book.
on 16 November 2011
This book is a well written conscise Science book with accompanying CD and is an excellent resource/text for a year 7 student. Helps enable child to learn the work in a summary/revision way without excess information. Added colours/pictures help make this book a good foundation start for Science learning at secondary school. Overall happy with books content and style.
Only criticism would be not enough exam style Q's & A's....
on 9 July 2013
A great book for following national curriculum work, laid out in an easy to understand format. Great for home schooling or following work in schools
on 9 December 2014
Very good to use,my daughter is enjoying everybit of the topics,introduce it to another friend who has also bough it for her child.Will recommend it to who ever want to buy.