on 8 June 2017
Like a lot of really good books it took me a while to get into this story but I am so glad that I persevered as it set the stage for the rest of the book. Atonement is brilliant, it goes into such depth explaining the withdrawal of our military from France and actually arriving at Dunkirk, the detail is amazing. Then onto the hospitals and the strict working conditions of the nurses when nursing was a true calling. All the while running through all of this a love story with a twist. Love, jealousy, spite, guilt it's all there. A must read.
on 8 April 2017
I liked everything about this book. Wonderful writing, tense storyline. Even the retreat to Dunkirk held my attention. I even found myself liking and disliking characters. One of the best books I have read.
on 18 August 2016
Beautifully written, emotional novel, I didnt want it to end, the sign of a really good book. I would highly recommend it.
on 9 May 2017
Came quickly and appeared in great conidition. The characters will annoy you greatly, yet it is one of the best book you'll read.
on 21 July 2017
Delivered promptly son needed for school.
on 23 April 2016
Great quality, fast delivery. This is an amazing book. I had to read it for my English Literature A level course work and I 'blame' the engrossing story line and masterful story telling for my very pleasing result.
It is a book I want to read over and over again, despite the fact that I know the ending. Ian McEwan has written a masterpiece, a book with imagery and characters that stay with you long after you put it down. Simply amazing.
on 31 March 2017
Very good novel with a shocking twist at the end which I didn't see coming. Would recommend
on 1 May 2017
As decried! 😬
on 2 May 2017
One of my favourite novels of all time!
on 5 April 2017