Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 December 2007
I was looking for a revision book for GCSE that accompanied the play 'MACBETH', I of course found hundreds! I decided to refer back to a previous purchase I made when I was looking for a revision book for the play 'Death of a Salesman'. I then searched for a book on 'Macbeth' by the same company/author and came across 2, this GCSE version and the advanced a-level version. I purchased both and I have never regretted it, I would highly recommend both for different reasons. The GCSE book provides you with everything you need for a basic understanding and the majority of the demands GCSE has. The a-level book provides you with that little extra which if used appropriately will push that little bit more to get a top grade. Between both books almost every issue is clearly explained but if it is not enough the margins contain very useful referenced to films, books and websites to extend your understanding.
on 5 February 2009
This book has been an essential tool for me when it's come to learning about Macbeth, the text is easy to understand, and the complex language is simplified, along with a summary of each Act & Scene. I seriously recommend this book, it has helped me to boost my grade from a C to a high B!
on 28 August 2013
A very handy, useful item in okay condition. It came in handy and I would recommend this to any A2 level student.
on 22 May 2009
I thoroughly recommend that my IB students use the Advanced York Notes for their first revision of Macbeth. They must then return to the play itself when doing their final revision before the oral examination.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2015
Brought the pre-owned which resulted in the pages being slightly creased and some pages being sneakily highlighted. Such a good book, essential for any literature student, cheap or not, worth it.
on 26 June 2013
Helps with analysis of Macbeth in more detail which is easy to understand, perfect for A2 English Lit. Really helped with my final exam.
on 9 July 2013
This is really helpful I used it in preparation for my A2 enlgish lit exam and found it really helpful, would seriously recommend
on 26 April 2013
Very good for teaching purposes. Saves time in my teaching. Good questions and Pictures for the students. All in all a good book.
on 27 February 2015
Very useful aid to help students understand the different themes within the play.
on 14 June 2015
Bought for A 'level studies. I love Macbeth!