on 8 July 2011
Helped us a lot!! My daughter needs to skip a year because we are moving abroad. Fun exercises with lovely and colorful illustrations which makes it so much easier because it never felt like homework. We both enjoyed it!
on 8 October 2011
My 6yr old loves this she could do it all day. Covers maths, english reading spelling phonics telling the time etc etc.

Great all round book. Does require supplementary study for better indepth practice.
on 29 February 2012
The activities in this book are brilliant, they start from around age 5, or year one in schools and build up to age 7 at the end of year two. The book covers all aspects of English and maths, the activities are explained fairly well and children would need a limited amount of help to complete the tasks after an explanation of what needed to be done.

However - I was expecting to get enough stickers to put one on each page, since there is a space for a sticker on each page - that is not the case. You do not even get enough for half of the book, let alone the entire book. I've had to buy more stickers so that she has something to stick on the "place your sticker here" spot!
on 29 July 2011
I too would regard this as a superb product. It has the appeal of a puzzle book, so great for summer holiday 10 minute filler activity. The pages are colourful and the exercises of perfect length. My child of 6 loves Maths but is shy of English, so this is perfect as it combines both. I like the way parent tips are given which assists in the approach say, of tackling subtraction. On the minus side, the book is not bound very well and the pages keep falling out and secondly, there is not enough gold stars in view of the number of exercises. Nevertheless, would definitely look to other books in this series and for my pre-school child who just loves numbers and puzzle activities.
on 29 October 2010
This is an outstanding bumper book of educational fun. I love the whole Gold Stars series but I was still a little worried that the bumper book might be a bit much. However, I'm delighted with the purchase. The Gold Star stickers themselves are nowhere near as motivating to my daughter as the excitement and pride she has in discovering what she can do with the support of the clear instructions, fun pictures and gentle increases in difficulty from page to page, which build confidence and nurture emerging skills. I highly recommend the whole series. My daughter is not four yet, but already writes beautifully and I put it down to these books.
on 12 September 2011
This book is to be taken for grand daughter in Namibia. I took one for my grandson a few years ago, and it greatly helping him, so hopefully it will do the same for the girl!!!
on 22 November 2011
My 5 year old son loves the activities in this book and there's plenty of variety. Unfortunately the binding isn't very good and within days of use the pages were falling out everywhere.
on 12 January 2012
If you're looking for a lot of activities that will last you throughout the year, this collection is ideal. It covers the curriculum from Reception to Year 2 in Maths and English, it looks great and the exercises are very age-appropriate. Excellent price too, I can't fault it.
on 6 February 2012
I bought this activity book because my daughter and I previously worked through the one for reception aged children. Like the other activity book there are not enough stickers for all the pages in the book. No big issue. However the first day we opened the book the pages started to fall out. Visually you can see that the binding of the pages are pretty poor.
on 23 April 2012
The delivery of this book was very fast and the book is also good in context. However I only gave it 2 stars as all the pages that my daughter has done so far, have come out without any force. I am very disappointed about this as its going to continue and fall out as she works her way through the book.