on 14 August 2017
Very comprehensive and useful guide. I have used it to plan our trip to the USA, so the money spent was well worth it
on 6 December 2010
I was so pleased I bought this at the last minute, before our trip. It has so much detail, but in a very manageable format and was exactly what we wanted for our trip. If you are going to get one guide for New England, then this is it. We bought 3 and this was the one we found most helpful.
on 10 September 2012
Having used Rough Guides for my last few trips to the USA, I was fairly confident that I'd get some insight and guidance for what was going to be a voyage of discovery; I wasn't disappointed. It helped me focus on the best of Cape Cod - Provincetown (and locate a great bar and restauant) and navigate the ports that had ferries to Martha's vineyard. As ever, it also revealed some hidden gems (like Mark Twain's house in Hartford, Conneticut)and directed me along the best driving routes. All in all - Rough Guides are still the best guides.
on 16 October 2009
This was a great book, we used it before we went to find interesting places we wanted to see, we also took it with us and we were constantly looking where to eat/what to do?
on 21 July 2013
I have seven other rough guides and have always preferred them to The Lonely Planet as they usually give excellent advice on local places to eat. This guide fails to offer any opinion on anything and least of all on places to eat. We ended up using "Yelp" for advice on restaurants and hotels. The city maps were quite good and the historical content was up to stcratch but struggles to give an idea of where to focus ones attentions.
Travelled as family to Boston, Maine and Canada, self drive, hotels and camping
on 25 October 2010
The Rough Guides are the very best travel guides as they manage to include far more useful information than any others that I have used. They identify the really nice places to go and are honest about the places that are not so hot!

The Rough Guides include good information on where to stay, where to eat and even what to do in an area and the New England Guide is no exception.
on 8 October 2009
Just got back from a fifteen day fly-drive in New England. This map was great and helped us to find our way around with no difficulty. The map was in excellent condition and easy to fold as required for each area without causing tearing.
on 3 January 2014
It's always a toss up between Lonely Planet and Rough Guide - this one bought as most up to date. However, more hotel suggestions would have been appreciated. There are always some mistakes in these guides and this one is no exception.
on 24 November 2012
Useful information but it lacks an overall good map of the area. There are maps of the individual states but it is difficult to plan journeys across the whole area - need to keep turning to different sections of the book.
on 9 December 2009
Bought this to plan a trip to New England - it is very clear and concise and has enabled us to do just that.