on 9 June 2007
This book is actually a partial reprint of the 1995 classic book, Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook. All recipes in Kitchen Favourites are taken from the original Complete Cookbook,a fact which is clearly stated on the reverse cover of the book. It states " All recipes previously published in Mary Berry's Complete Cookbook". Amazon is irresponsible to be trying to sell this book as a "New" Mary Berry book'without giving purchasers the full information. Amazon should make it clear in the synopsis that it is just a renamed reprint of a previous book. It is totally unfair to omit this information on the internet, when the buyer cannot read what is written on the reverse of the book until it arrives on their doorstep.
0Comment| 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2007
This is a user friendly version of the best everyday recipes from the earlier 'Complete Cookbook' (which I also have).I consider this compact format to be a justifiable and useful reprint of recipes from the very comprehensive larger book. Both the visual and written content is clearly set out and easy to follow; perfect for both the experienced but busy family cook or the novice. Mary Berry may not be a trendy celebrity chef but she knows her onions! Her recipes are always a hit with family and friends and have in fact inspired a few of the more domestically challenged to have a go themselves! I'm buying another copy as a present for my brother who is a late newcomer to the pleasures of cooking, previously having survived on dining out and the services of a resident maid/cook!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 January 2011
Excellent cookbook with many recipes and lots of pictures. It might be a reprint as someone said but long as you dont have the original then its a great cookbook. Would recommned to family/friends, great for a gift and good price to.
on 6 March 2013
As with all Mary Berry's books that I have seen so far, this is an excellent book for good, straightforward recipes with a touch of class for ordinary mortals in a not too sophisticated kitchen. You should be able to get most of the ingredients at your local village shop (assuming you are a country dweller!). I would have liked a warning that the book was to come from the U.S.of A., however. It was to be a Valentine's Day present for the wife - it arrived on March 6th.!
on 3 January 2014
As before I am a fan of Mary Berry because of her straightforward and easily accomplished recipes.

As woth her other publications I would happily recommend it as one does not have to be an experienced cook to succeed.
on 21 November 2014
I have grown up reading Merry Berry recipe books. I feel she has taught me to cook, in a distant sort of way. I am now hoping to start the next generation, my niece, on her terrific recipes, and straight-forward methods.
on 6 May 2011
bought this book for my 15 year old grandaughter who is learning to cook, she found it easy to follow with lots of hints and tips, found myself making from it, great little book, ingredients easy to excess,
on 9 April 2016
a lovely book simple easy recipes step by step instructions well laid out and easy to follow
on 6 August 2015
Looking forward to cooking. Great instructions
on 9 July 2014
There are some really great family recipes in this book and I would love to give it five stars; however two things are an overriding irritation:

1) No preparation / cooking time given at the start of the recipe - if the book is supposed to be for busy people, I don't expect to have to read the recipe and add all the times up to work out if it's a suitable midday dinner meal. I just can't believe this has been missed. Nadia Swalaha's Greedy Girls book has a great little clock at the start of each recipe giving you a guide of how long the meal will take to prepare - take note Mary!

2) Not enough pictures! I like to have an idea of what the fruits of my labour should look like before I start

The timings point really bugs me overall, this so could have been my favourite cook book.