on 7 November 2009
To be honest a bit disappointed with this book as many of the recipes appear in other Mary Berry publications. The recipes are great but money would be better spent on Mary Berry baking bible
on 7 March 2014
I loved watching Mary Berry cook on tv when I lived by the golf course in Sunningdale Berks. Buying her books brought back memories. I love her recipes.Her books are well written and cooking made easy.
on 17 February 2014
This was a gift for my 16yr old grandson who is really keen on cookery it gives slot of good advice on how to make pastry etc as well as some basic and stunning desserts and puddings a good all round book and value for money
on 5 January 2013
my daughter loves mary & paul so bought her this book to try out the recipes. wasnt disappointed there are some great recipes inside and would recommend. it also explains the methods in easy to understand instructions
on 3 March 2012
Love this book, it's very useable the cheese cake is the best i'v made . highly recormended from beginers to experts. would make a good gift for anyone learning to cook.
on 23 February 2013
So pleased I got this. Simple recipes that are easy to follow. Great for all occasions. And the recipes work!
on 10 April 2013
What a splendid book . I shall use it until I am forced to buy a new edition because of the stains on it!!
on 1 May 2014
Another fantastic book from Mary Berry. I've tried and tested a number of recipes from this edition all of them being a roaring success with friends & family. Highly recommended.
on 25 November 2013
I absolutely love Mary Berry's books not only because the recipes are precsice and work well even for not so experienced cook like me ,but also because they are executed beautifully ,inspiring,and also there is one other aspect I appreciate very much-she is very economical in terms of ingredients , sufficient but not unneccessarily expensive as most of the modern authors.She is my favorite, how pitty that recently I turned vegan,I wish she had a book on that.
on 18 January 2013
Like Delia Smith, Mary Berry's recipes are straightforward and contain all the necessary information to produce beautiful desserts and cakes,including the correct size of container to use, although unlike Delia, she doesn't usually mention which ovenshelf to use, which can sometimes make a differenceto the result.