on 14 July 2014
Excellent !!
on 15 March 2006
I am an accomplished cook, but this book is still one of the most used on my shelf! It is good for beginners and the competant cook alike! Full of sensible recipes with easy to follow instructions. I have just bought another two for my eldest children who are both setting up their own homes.
50 people found this helpful
on 7 March 2013
love the illustrations - for me that's what makes the difference between a good and a great book. i need to know what something should look like
38 people found this helpful
on 14 August 2010
I'm an old guy, who can't even read properly anymore!!!!
but find this cookbook absolutely great,simple to follow & its got pictures too!!
Wonderful for all the family ............... have made some new friends since inviting them to sample some of the dishes !!
BUY BYE..............(the book that is )
on 26 December 2012
This is a present for my daughter and I've been using the original version for years so am very pleased she wants the latest editon.
23 people found this helpful
on 21 December 2012
One of the best no nonsense cookbooks I have in my collection, producing great results every time. A must have for any aspiring cook.
70 people found this helpful
on 21 February 2013
I love cooking cakes or full meals it is a passion of mine I used to watch Mary Berry on TV years ago when my children were small, I have always found her recipes good and simple to follow. I decided to treat myself to this book and have thoroughly enjoyed making several of the recipes from it already my next purchase will probably be her baking bible.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2013
Even though it was second hand, it was in absolutely amazing condition, especially considering it's a cookbook. The recipes are good and include calorie information which is always handy to know.
The only thing i'd say is a bit annoying is that she uses loads of ingredients that I had to buy specially, but then most cookbooks do this.
The soups are great
3 people found this helpful
on 20 February 2013
This book is excellent. Her recipes are easy to follow but more importantly they deliver what they promise to. I have another of Mary's books and i would highly recommend. If you are new to baking etc, these are easy to follow. Give them a go.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2013
My wife bought this book so this is her review! Recipes easy to follow and not requiring expensive or obscure ingredients that will never be used again. Book well laid out with beautifully photographed dishes.
7 people found this helpful