on 4 October 2013
I was very surprised at how helpful and clever this little guide book was. I spent 2 weeks travelling around Italy on the trains and this little guide was a big help. Light and as descibed, fits in your pocket. Text is a bit small and may prove difficult to read for people with sight problems but other than that, i would have been lost without it.....literally.

Full of helpful tips and important information. Also includes train routes, bus stops and restaurant suggestions with a pricing index to show you a variation of cheap to expensive places to eat. For places of interest, it will tell you if there is an admission charge and helpful tips on getting tickets.

I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Florence and Pisa
on 8 November 2012
I already owned the Paris version of DK's pocket size guide, so I knew what to expect and certainly wasn't disappointed. It has just the right amount of information and is a fab size, is easy to use and good value too. The section about other towns and cities in Tuscany and a selection of small maps was also really useful for our tour of Tuscany. If you're off to Florence, take one of these as a guide and enjoy exploring the beautiful city!
on 9 September 2013
I chose this book because of the size of it really - it does fit easily into your pocket or handbag -it has all the information you need, plus handy maps. As I was only planning to go for a weekend trip I needed to ensure I packed light so it was a no-brainer to go for this. Some people ask why you bother with a paper copy in this day and age, but it really is so much easier to use this than keep trying to fiddle about getting WiFi in a cafe or hotel. I tend to buy DK books as a rule anyway because they contain good written information but also excellent drawings and photos which helps you to easily select the sights you want to visit.
on 17 February 2013
The DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide for Florence is just what you need if visiting Florence for 3 short days like I did. It is very informative and the map excellent. Also , this is the first time I have used such a small guidebook and I realised it is much more convenient than lugging around a big heavy book.
on 18 April 2013
There was much useful information here which we used to guide our trip to Florence, but we found the text very small for reading "on the hoof". We had to read it at our hotel the evening before each excursion, under a bright light!
on 5 October 2013
Good guide which covers all the intersting palces to visit in florence.Can't wait to vsit !!
Easy to use and good maps
on 22 August 2013
This book is physically extremely small and narrow in shape (the size of an iPhone, split in two length-wise!). It is of course meant to be pocket sized, but its proportions means it is rigid, and nearly impossible to open properly and therefore very hard to use. Doubt it will come with me to Florence. Contents rather poor too, giving little information. Not of the usual quality of other DK guides.
on 25 September 2013
I found it too small for my poor eysight and did not really use it. Got a larger size book from the library. Ok if you want something small to tuck into your luggage.
on 11 June 2014
Aesthetically pleasing dimensions for pocket or handbag. Clear folding map and enough information on highlights of areas for most tourists.
on 12 September 2013
I thought the brochure was OK.

The map is not great either. I wanted it to know more about Florence and to know more about the map too... Sadly because of the map inside the brochure I can't even locate the hotel where I am also. The hotel is a bit outside Florence, not in the centre, but I thought it would be there...