on 8 September 2011
I loved this little book. Very informative, strongly constructed, with the kind of beautiful pictures that make you want to go there instantly. You wouldn't go far wrong if this was the only book you took with you on a visit to Iceland.
on 26 July 2012
I was looking for an easy to navigate book on things to see on a short (4 night) stay in Reykjavic. This book has lots of colour photos and the essential info in an easy to read format. You can find the top attractions instantly to make planning your stay easy and fun. The book is a handy size and has clear maps of Iceland, Reykjavic and even a map of the bus routes for planning your own tours. Includes a pull-out, laminated map too. Info included on websites for further planning and booking tours before you go. Brilliant value little book; I'll look out for others in the series for future trips.
on 3 January 2012
Certainly it's not a big (as far as nr of pages is concerned) book on Iceland- but it's not its purpose! It gives You clear ideas what You can look for in Iceland - practical, with an approach that makes it suitable at time of planning Your visit.
These Top 10 DK books are good. I bought a number of them, including this one, in the Kindle Daily Deal at a knockdown price. While its content was good, I found the Kindle format terribly irritating. It taught me that when using a travel guide, you want to be able to flick quickly through it and jump around easily - that's SO much easier with a physical book.

In addition, you want it to be in colour - you can cure that by taking your iPad with you but an iPad is bigger and heavier than this book in its paperback version. It is more viable if you have an iPad mini or a large screen smartphone.

Travel guides just don't work well in the Kindle format, in my opinion.

You may feel otherwise but that is how I feel. I found the relative awkwardness in flicking around the Kindle book a major handicap. And this is despite the fact that I buy most of my books in Kindle format.

What I am saying is that this is a good book but my personal preference is to buy the paperback version.
on 12 September 2012
Nice sized book with good pictures and great information. I love this series of travel books as i find them very visual. It would be good for a long weekend in Iceland
on 17 June 2014
To plan a roadtrip on Iceland (August 2014) I bought two small guidebooks:

- Marco Polo "Iceland" - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/3829707150

- DK "Top 10 Iceland" - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1405369922

In a way they are complementary - you can use the DK book to decide roughly which things you want to go and do or see, but when it comes down to planning your road trip you'll really want to use the Marco Polo guide. The latter has a map that is actually useful (the DK map is a joke) at 1:700,000 scale (I still plan to buy a more detailed map book once I'm on Iceland) and there are references to it throughout the book. Also, the descriptions of sights and places are more thorough in the Marco Polo guide than in the DK one.

I rate the Marco Polo guide 4 stars and the DK guide 2 stars.
on 5 January 2016
I am a big fan of the eyewitness travel guides - they provide a great, visual overview of the the top 10 key sights (as well as top 10 museums, markets, events and things to avoid). This is especially helpful at the start, when planning your trip to decide how you want to spend your time rather than be overwhelmed deciding what you actually want to see. I would highly recommend you complement with another travel guide/online research to get further information and colour on places as this book provides only a short summary. Small size is also great for carrying around.
on 15 July 2012
I just love all the DK travel books and this boopk fitted the bill perfectly on my recent visit to Iceland. Thinner than the usual DK books I buy, but well laid out and covered all the points of interest wonderful Iceland has to offer. A compact shape that fits the hand easily and full of useful information that is easy to find because the book doesn't get bogged down with lots of info and trivia.
on 4 August 2013
If for a short stay just have a look the most tourist attractions, this book is ok, pocket size that is handy.

However, my boyfriend wanted to hike so at the end we had to buy a full size guide book.

If go to Iceland, there are many day tour buses from Reykjavik that works out cheaper than go to places on your own by using public transport, and plenty of free brochures and city maps available. Unless you want to hike like my boyfriend did, in that case you may have to choose a more serious version of guide book.
on 3 May 2013
Covers most of the main attractions and wonders of Iceland although if I had been there for longer than a few days I may have gone for a more indepth guide. The map is ok but you will still need a free local map that's more detailed with roads etc if your driving and whilst the instructions for trips/excursions etc are workable they are not very detailed at times. But overall this is a pretty good guide for a short stay.