on 18 October 2013
As with all DK Eyewitness Travel Guide I found it to be informative and accurate.In it's own right it is an attractive book which we will look at again
on 20 May 2012
Like allmost all DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, the Turkey guide does not disappoint. Lots of good tips to discover this beautiful counrty.
on 12 May 2015
on 11 October 2010
This guide is great for in depth history etc but it doesn't give enough info on beaches, which resorts are quiet and unspoilt. Most popular resorts are not even in it, so its not a lot of help for package holiday makers!
on 10 June 2012
This is the ninth DK Eyewitness Travel Guide we have used on our travels through Europe. They have always been excellent references for the sights in various cities and has been a great planning resource (we use in conjunction with Rick Steves guides). We have Spain, France Belgium, Germany, as well as specific cites like Paris, Vienna, and Prague. All have been very helpful However, the guide for Turkey was so incredibly wrought with mis-information. The maps were completely off and out-dated. The descriptions were not as helpful as other guides. I would not recommend this Turkey edition. Very disappointed.
on 20 February 2013
I used this book primarily when I got home and was sorting out all my photos. It is very helpful and gives useful information about the various sites etc but might be a bit heavy to carry around with you all the time.
on 28 February 2013
We had not been to Turkey for a number of years so really needed an up to date travel book. This book, as always with a DK one, was very specific and useful.
on 25 April 2013
Gave me adequate information to plan a tour of Turkey/look for the right tour that encompassed everything that I wanted to see.
on 1 November 2012
This book has many photos so that when used in Turkey the place is obvious and the information useful, it adds to the enjoyment of the area visited. There is more information in other guide books but this one leaves visitors in no doubt that they are in the right place.
on 26 October 2012
DK has done it once again-made a travel guide that is a feast for the eye as well as being informative and easy to use. Region by region they make discovering the wonders of Turkey enjoyable !