on 29 March 2017
My first DK product. Complete rubbish, far far less helpful than a Rough Guide / Lonely Planet. Unless you want to know where the museums are (which you can find out on Google Maps) it is useless
on 28 June 2017
The beauty of ordering online with Amazon, is you tend to get what you pay for. The travel guide arrived the very day that was expected and thank goodness because I was taking my family to France the very next day. This is a great guidebook, absolutely packed with really useful information. I really like how the book creates sample travel tours which you can simply emulate and use. The only reason I have not given this a five star is because of the price, For a travel guide is on the more expensive side. Happy days!
on 15 September 2017
We used this to learn more about the region and then during our holiday to plan days out. I found the maps and illustrations very useful - A guidebook with lots a great text is good, but not so useful when you are skimming though looking for interesting sights or want to show the family and say 'what about here' . The plans of the Bastide towns etc are good. Recommended.
on 16 June 2017
Very useful and packed with great photos.We payed a great price so will buy again on the internet.
on 28 June 2017
Good overall introduction to the area. I would have liked more detail on public transport as I do not take a car on holiday. I would also have liked some information about areas that are not on 'the tourist trail'.
on 13 March 2017
Excellent
on 7 September 2017
looking forward to exploring!
on 23 August 2017
excellent and speedy arrival
on 19 May 2017
Good guide, but a little disappointed it only has about four pages on Bordeaux out of the whole book.
on 5 May 2009
Being in need of an up-to-date giude of the region I chose this from Amazon who offered a good choice. The Guide proved very useful and was well laid out and easy to use. There were a few discrepancies in opening times and prices but this could be accounted for since the book was published over a year ago.