Customer reviews

on 13 May 2013
Brilliant travel guide I used this all over Western Australia, Sydney,Melbourne and all along he Great Ocean Road.The pictures and descriptive text were spot on. I have several D.K.travel guides and for me they are the most informative on the planet.If you're thinking of going to OZ buy this guide.
TRAVEL GUIDES
=============
As usual I bought a few Travel guides before going on holiday.

My intention is usually to read, research and then go to those places when there.

The reality is normally, read at the place and go the following day.

WELL PRESENTED
==============
This is well set out, descriptive and ideal for those visiting Australia.

However, Australis is huge. Queensland is about the size of three Frances. That's just one state!
So don't make the mistake I did and think Oh that place looks nice and it must be local as we are in Queensland.

WELL RESEARCHED
===============
It oozes that it's been researched well. Any place that I visited lived up to the description given

RECOMMENDED
===========
G'day mate, of course.
on 4 December 2012
These are the guides we always choose, they are always colourful and informative. The country guides are never pocket size but if they were they would not likely do the job, but this one certainly does.
on 14 March 2013
This has been a great help whilst I have been planning my trip to Oz. It will be quite a heavy item to carry around though but I feel it has been a worthwhile purchase.
on 26 January 2013
I do like the DK guides and have a growing collection. They provide me with the just the level of detail I need. The only trouble with this one is that Australia is such a vast place that you are unlikely to use more than a fraction of it during a typical trip. I'd like to see one in several volumes so that you only take what you need.
on 19 March 2014
I have only just received this book, but it looks and feels fantastic. Each chapter is laid out very well making it easy to navigate around. A good mix of very clear maps, pictures, words etc. So much information in this book.
on 4 March 2013
THIS BOOK DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE COVER. I HAVE BOUGHT DK EYEWITNESS GUIDES BEFORE AND MY EXPERIENCE OVER THE YEARS TELLS ME THAT THEY ARE THE BEST. THIS ONE DOESENT DISSAPOINT. DELIVERY ALSO WAS VERY GOOD.
on 5 August 2013
Plenty of information on this huge continent. Well presented overall but would be easier to use if the hotel and restaurant information was split and attached to the various states.
on 6 January 2013
I will be travelling to Australia for the first time in a few months and found this provided excellent information to help in deciding where to stay and what to do when I get there.
on 28 October 2013
This a going to be a Christmas present for my wife and is just what I ordered. It arrived in just three days and was packed well. Looking forward to ordering more in the future.