Customer reviews

on 8 February 2013
I got this book for 12.79 quid. It is a bargain price and the book is really well written. It explains so many things and does it easily digestible. Plus you get DK quality - beautiful illustrations and photos and high quality paper. At this price, don't hesitate. I bought it with DK Science and grabbed myself a nice bargain.

Don't worry about people complaining about mistakes like the one with Pluto. There are hardly any books without mistakes. I am a teacher and I have never seen a coursebook without a mistake (misprints and mistakes in answer keys). It just happens. If you can snipe it at 12.79, do not hesitate.
on 24 September 2012
Bit late writing this review. I have to agree with all the other comments about this book, it is superb, it's not necessary to read from cover to cover, it's the sort of book that you can just dip into any-time and find something of interest. The book is full of interesting facts and info and it's written and illustrated in a style that 'normal' people can understand, some books on this subject expect one to be a professor of particle physics to understand them!

(I did not buy the book from Amazon myself but it did come from Amazon as my daughter bought it for me as a present)
on 10 January 2010
Absolutely superb book. Very good photographs, and book is very easy to read.Good quality and good value.
on 28 September 2011
Fantastic Book and it goes into quite a lot of detail without overloading you. I will be using this is my classroom for sure.
on 12 May 2015
Bought second hand as a gift for a curious boy... Basically, it's a beautifully produced book with excellent illustrations and short, concise facts(?). But I'd expect no less from this particular publisher. Worth more than I paid.
on 19 January 2016
Beautiful book. DK have a long history of producing excellent 'coffee-table' type encyclopedias, but they aren't a novelty or just eye candy. Great reference for kids, adults and hyper-intelligent pets.
on 16 July 2012
I absolutely LOVE this book.

I am a huge science geek, and my greatest loves are astrophysics and cosmology, so, one might say I'm slightly biased!

This book is by far the best 'universe' style book I have. The binding is of high quality, and does not degrade (even if, like me, you flip it open on a daily basis!) The pages are thick, and feel permanent and robust, and the actual context is stunning. With high quality images, and clear, detailed, factual information, every aspect of this book is perfect.

Whether you are a budding Steven Hawking, or a night-sky enthusiast, I would recommend this book to all. It combines high-level detail, with accessible, interesting insights. Also, it's about £20 cheaper on Amazon than everywhere else I've looked. Heck, you could even buy two, and give one to a friend!
on 8 October 2016
In good condition, as well as a good read.
on 1 January 2012
this book is also very well laid out
the photos are (out of this world)
my grandson was amazed at how they could
get photos like that,so was I.
on 19 May 2016
My favourite astronomy book.