Customer reviews

Evolution The Human Story
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 October 2017
This is a brilliantly informative & beautifully illustrated book explaining human origins. It is quite heavy & therefore a coffee table sized book but I’m hoping my grandchildren as they grow older will also enjoy learning from it but initially perhaps just looking at the pictures.
on 22 September 2013
This book is great on many levels! I am taking a college level course in archaeology which requires an informative, yet visually dull, textbook. The same higher level information is presented in the DK published book, and the significant difference is that this book presents the information with tremendous color photos, graphs, charts, and more. The visual graphics truly enrich my learning, understanding, and perseverance in reading! I'm grateful; Evolution: The Human Story by Dr. Alice Roberts is brilliant!
on 10 November 2016
A beautifully illustrated story of human evolution with unique skull reconstruction of ancient hominids. Useful geographical and climate context. Somewhat of a coffee table book you will pick up and read a few pages.
on 6 April 2013
This book is beautiful with stunning pictures, reconstructions, charts, graphs and time lines. If you are interested in origins of humans it is facinating and easy to follow and understand and really brings evolution to life. If you are studying biological Anthropology it will also help in aiding written articals and the science you will encounter.
I love it!
on 17 October 2013
I am a great fan of anything Dr Alice Roberts has to say or write. She is very clear and understands why illustration is so important as she is an artist as well as a scientist in the field of anatomy and paleontology, and a polymath, and researches her subject from every point of view.
on 2 August 2015
Fantastic book. Have many on the subject but this one enhanced all. Thoroughly recommend it - very readable and not full of jargon. A good starter for the subject.
on 24 January 2018
Beautiful and informative book. I bought it for a gift and was so pleased with it - well received, too.
on 19 February 2013
this is a fantastic book, loads of detail but also lots of illustrations which makes it much more readable and easy to understand. I brought this for christmas for my brother who loves all evolution, astronemy and historical stuff and he regularly picks it up.
on 1 April 2017
Well illustrated, ideal for the younger generation and those beginning to have an interest palaeontology. Gives an excellent visual interpretation of the evolution of Hominids. A very informative and enjoyable book.
on 8 March 2013
Even though I am still reading this I have found it to be an amazing account of the possible evolution of the human specie. I find it fascinating and incredible that we have evolved to such an incredible degree over such a long period of time. I would love to buy Professor Roberts a coffee or two to have the chance to discuss these amazing stages of our history! Maybe next time I go up to the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham.