on 19 October 2012
I've used Top 10 guides before. I've always loved DK books since they first came onto the market. I'm a visual person (photographer) not a wordy person. These books are perfect, short sweet and right to the point. If I'm travelling somewhere for a 1 week holiday I don't want to wade through the whole history of the island etc. I just want to know what I shouldn't miss while I'm there and what is near to me when I'm staying somewhere etc. The top 10 guides make this so easy. Essential travel guide and the one that I carried around most often with me while on my stay. Corsica was delightful by the way. We stayed in Porto Vechhio and can highly recommend it for a sophisticated relaxing holiday. No trashy tourist types here - thank god. Example of the book, it suggested 4 top ten beaches within easy reach of us, we tried 3 of them, they were all exactly as described and truly superb beaches. The sea in Corsica is crystal clear. I also bought the main guide by DK for Corsica, for more in depth info. Its great as well, but got read far less than the top 10 guide.
on 5 December 2012
I really like the way this guide is set out. Light to carry, clear, concise, with ample illustrations and photos and well defined sections. Just the job for those of us who want a good, fairly detailed, but not overburdening guide enabling us to identify which areas will be of most interest for, say, a two week stay. Useful fold-out maps front and back giving the main routes, (but not a large enough scale for use by walkers or cyclists). "Top ten" lists all the main attractions of each area, under headings: e.g. "Top ten markets", "Top ten Ultimate views"with short paragraphs on each, plus suggested itineraries for days out. A few hotels and restaurant suggestions, though I would not necessarily choose accommodation from the book.
on 27 February 2013
It's a good book, however it's pretty short in summaries and there are not enough maps! It's OK for a quick overview guide, it's just a shame there are not more books on Corsica to choose from.
on 2 July 2013
This guide provided a useful snapshot overview and introduction to Corsica. Very readable. Mainly used to give me essential context before arriving but maps proved helpful upon arrival
on 9 November 2013
A great guide for the first or short visit to Corsica. helps to highlight the not to be missed things to do and see.
Good value. Tried some of the restaurants recommended too.
on 28 May 2014
This is a very pocketable guide. User friendly;I particularly liked the maps
and used them extensively on Corsican railway journeys.
on 19 March 2014
I would have preferred more about the cultural activities that we could see. It's a handy size and good for a short visit
on 31 May 2014
A fab book giving you good ideas about a week on Jersey. Good tips and restaurant reviews.The pictures are clear.
on 11 March 2015
This is a handy,descriptive guide with good illustrations