on 2 July 2012
great map, recommended. handy, small, simple, contains the absolutely necessary information for a 2-3 days trip in Constantinople. cheap too.
on 24 March 2013
Very neat to carry around and pretty informative with good maps. I understand why it doesn't give entry prices, as these obviously change year on year, but it would be good if it could give the days of the week that sites are closed - e.g. Blue Mosque on Mondays, Topkapi on Tuesdays. Generally all we needed for a 5 night stay.
on 23 April 2012
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide : Istanbul is beyond my expectation and I cosider it a very useful companion to everyone who trawells to Istanbul. Clear, cocise and precise are the attributes of the well designed Guide.
on 28 May 2013
We are not heading off to Istanbul until July so I have yet to make use of the map and guide. However I started to browse immediately on receiving my order and I ended up reading it from cover to cover. I like how it splits the city into area and we will probably explore using this method. Lots of information contained in a handy size guide. Practical information rather than a detailed, in-depth guide.
on 14 November 2011
The Dorling Kindersley guide is the best guide book that we found
Don't bother to buy any of the other guide books
on 7 April 2013
Just what we needed to pop in our pocket each day and enough information to enjoy the places we visited.
on 24 April 2013
Not going until June 2013 but looking at it we think it will be very useful as other people have said. We didn't want a large guide to carry around, we have those & will read up before leaving, this really is a "Pocket" guide. Good price was a bonus.
on 13 May 2013
I bought this for a short trip to Istanbul and seems ideal for my purpose. I have not been yet but have already planned what I want to do from this succinct information. Enough information without being laborious.
on 18 May 2013
Cheap compact small VFM guide and map of the central area. The map was very helpful walking in Istanbul once we had arrived and settled in
on 7 June 2013
Has all the basic information and maps but the print is so small it is sometimes difficult to read. Easily fits into a pocket and is a handy reference.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse