on 6 August 2010
I was disappointed in the book. I have bought so many of their larger books and am happy with those but I didn't want to carry a big book with me. They seem to include phone numbers for places but not how to get there, I had to give up on some places I wanted to see.
on 10 June 2009
Great book, all the must-see sights and places in this thin version. Easy to take with you everywhere. Full info. Nice photos. Good value.
on 31 August 2010
Having been using the Top 10 guide for years, this come to be the most disappointing one that Top 10 has produced.
The scale of the map is very bad and information in the guide was out-dated. (was told that some site was even closed 7 years ago!)

definitely need a review and update for information in the book!
on 24 March 2013
gives the best of the best, easy accessible layout, if you don't have a lot of time it's good to flip through to find the top attractions. it's in a small & compact size to take it out with you. comes with a map. it's the perfect travel companion.
on 28 October 2012
Have bought several of these Top 10 guides in the past & they are ideal if you have limited time to spend in a place.
Using them ensures that you don't miss any of the "must see" sights & the inclusion of a map is always useful. Another bonus us that guides are handbag sized & not heavy to carry around.
The Lisbon guide was as expected, ideal to use on a 5 day break.
We felt that we had covered everything we wanted to see in the city & we also ventured further down the coast. Tried some of the recommended cafes/ restaurants too.
Had visited Portugal previously & used an AA Key guide which we already had to ensure we booked a Lisbon hotel in a particular area.
Bought this top 10 guide at the last minute prior to our trip & found that this would also have been useful to help plan where to stay.
If you are intending to visit Lisbon for a short break this is definately the only guide you need.
When I decide where to go on my next city break I will purchase a top 10 guide straight away.
on 21 April 2013
I like the top ten series as they always have stuff in them that you can concentrate on if you are spending a short time somewhere. The Lisbon version didn't disappoint, was well researched and contemporary.
on 10 March 2013
For long weekends away, these DK Top 10 books are just spot on.
Short, concise, no frills guides to the best places to see. Sights. Restaurants. Hotels. Travel tips. Local advice. Everything you need.
The books are small enough to fit in to a bag or a jacket pocket, so you don't look too much like a tourist when you need to look at it !!!
And the pocket-sized maps are perfect too !!!
The Lisbon edition is no different from the others in our collection.
Absolutely perfect !!!
Highly recommended.
on 15 June 2010
We were only in Lisbon for the weekend but this guide got us to all the right spots. I had visited Lisbon many times on business 10 years ago but never visited as a tourist. The recommendations for restaurants and what to see and do were bang on.
on 28 February 2013
Good book, very detailed but I found much cheaper restaurants just discovering lisbon by myself. Also there are much cheaper and nicer hotels available then the ones in the book. For a first time traveller it's a good book but discover lisbon yourself, it's more magnificent and amazing :)
on 31 December 2012
I have learnt, to my cost, that guidebooks and the Kindle are not a good combination. There is no substitute for holding the book in your hand and being able to flick back and forth through it to look at different articles, maps, etc.