Customer reviews

on 13 May 2012
We are going to Kenya in two months for our honeymoon and already have a couple of good books on Kenya, but decided to buy this one as well. Last year we went to New York, and despite having several New York books, we tended to use the Dorling Kindersley one the most. So, as soon as we saw there was a Kenya one, we knew we had to buy this one as well. Having looked through it, I know this is the one we will use the most as well. The other books we have also have the same sort of content, so I don't know what it is about the DK Eyewitness Guides that make them that much better. Maybe it is the familiar style in which they are all written and set out. I know that everything we will need is covered in this book though and we look forward to using it regularly while we are on safari and in Mombasa!
on 2 September 2013
Great book. I have quite a few in the series as they provide a great deal of info with lots of pics. I hate wading through reams of text that you get in other guides. Plenty of pages about the wildlife as well as the top safari locations.
on 9 August 2012
Excellent book containing all the information that you would need for your visit to Kenya. Have purchased dk book previously from Amazon and found service and price unbeatable.

The biggest drawback with this book is that you read it before your holiday and see all the fantastick places and get all the information unfortunately you only manage to cover about 4 pages within a fortnight will have to go again to get our monies worth out of the book,
One person found this helpful
on 24 January 2012
How we wish we had this book when we were on holiday in Kenya last December. This book contains a huge amount of information
on the country,travellers needs,survival guide, maps and of course the animals. We are going back to Kenya this year and the book will go with us.
It is a MUST.
on 13 February 2011
This is an excellent book. It's colourful and glossy as well as extremely informative. The field guide section is really good with lots of details about each animal - and there are lots of animals listed. If there is a downside to it, it's that it doesn't give you the budget accommodation options (like campsites) but I also bought the Lonely Planet to Kenya and this does give you those options however the field guide in the Lonely Planet is pretty useless.
on 3 October 2013
Have bought several of these guides for places I've been too and find them by far the best and reasonably priced on amazon. Also know tour leaders for escorted holidays who use them. Give lots of useful, practical and background information.
on 27 March 2013
going to kenya, read this. all you need to know and more.buckets of information and great pictures. cant put it down and cant wait to get there.
on 2 March 2013
Excellent book. Full of interesting facts and information. Everything you need to know about Kenya. I can highly recommend it.
on 10 June 2013
Well written, easy to use, great pictures, my essential handbook around Mombasa and Nairobi. They are still the best guide books in the world.
on 29 September 2013
Just as described, thank you. Excellent quality and delivered in good packaging, on time. Couldn't have asked for more. Just great.