on 9 January 2013
I found this book absorbing, it is FULL of useful info, I found it easy to read and I picked up stuff I had not found in other books I had read so far. I came across this by chance in my library and HAD to buy it, highly recommended
It's been many years since I've picked up my guitar and plugged into a Line 6 Pod and amp, but this book has inspired me to do it. I particularly like the photos of multi-coloured fretted notes that match the same colours on photos of the relevant fingers and, it's nice to have a DVD to accompany it. My granddaughter would like to learn the guitar and we will be working through the book together.
on 15 January 2012
Excellent value, good instruction for different styles, comprehensive, good photographs, good DVD, many exercises leading to "Milestone Pieces", BUT as with all books/DVDs, reading the book alone will not make you a good guitarist! It's all about practice, practice, practice - and still more practice, steadily working through the lessons!
on 10 April 2013
Amazing book well written and the dvd-rom makes all the difference showing you all examples which helps when your starting out and wanting to achieve the correct sound. All in all a brilliant book!!!
on 22 May 2014
A very good system of learning. I have followed the book from the start and covers all the music theory to a point. Proper theorists wouldnt buy this.
Dvd works well and is easy to follow.
Would recommend this to anyone wishing to learn from scratch in tandem with lessons.
The only problem is it wouldnt highlight any player errors with stance ect that a teacher would be able to spot
on 30 January 2014
Gives you all you need to know to start playing the guitar.
Also the video lessons make much more attractive than just going through a book.
I would say the book is quite confusing for the beginner so you may want to consider a different buy.

Altogether I'm 'happy'
on 31 January 2013
This book is very informative I can tell from just looking through the first couple of pages, its look very well written indeed. It will make the recipient a very happy birthday boy indeed. thanks again
on 10 January 2015
I have this book, I ordered it and it came quickly. The First 2 Chapters are not needed as one would not purchase a musical Intrument if one would not have any Interest in it. The Next Chapter teaches chords in a Fancy coulorful way...which can be downloaded from the Internet for free. The Rest of it displays all the chords on the Guitar. A Comprehensive book of the Guitar and worthy of a High Class Tuition. HOWEVER STEP BY STEP is misleading...NOT for the Beginner...NO WAY, it assumes too much. Better to download simple chords from the Internet at first.....then after perhaps 6 - 12 Months of simple practice then this book will help...Once Again Step by Step is misleading..Certainly Not for the Beginner.
on 21 January 2013
My partner is a fan of 'rock' music and has had a guitar for about 5 years, but never had the belief that he could play it well. This tutorial book has inspired him; the features on 'rock' legends and the colourful instructions are truly brilliant.
Look out Slash!
on 5 September 2011
comprehensive book - starts with basics but goes much deeper - non beginners can miss the basics and concentrate on the more involved parts