on 8 March 2016
This was brought for my 6 year old boy for Christmas as he is a massive Iron Man and Captain America fan. He hasn't seen any of the films yet but reads comics with them in. He quite often asks who people are so this was brought to try to fill in the gaps in my knowledge aswell. We read this not only after school but also several pages for his bedtime story. There are some quite big words in there especially for the bad guys, I don't go into v much detail of what the occult is for example.
This book is great to explore more characters in the marvel universe, but it is not complete. For example Colossus is not in there.
on 9 September 2014
For the price I am astounded at what you get. Although there are some anomalies, such as including write-ups on all the Fantastic Four except for The Thing, overall this is an excellent guide.
I guessed that it would be, seeing as how it is DK, but I did not anticipate how impressed I would be. We were so taken with it that we bought one each for my son's friends as their nursery school leaving gift. And by all accounts they and their parents have been just as impressed.
Not having grown up with many superheroes myself, it has also proved educational. And, unlike other superhero merchandise such as the modern comics, it is well-written and would certainly support a proper reading programme (though it is too advanced for beginner readers).
With the constant pestering to read it, I just wish it came with audio!! :)
on 29 June 2011
I bought this book for my 6 year old son who is a big fan of Marvel. The book is not however aimed at children and is written as an adult book. The book has over 200 pages and character descriptions/facts etc and is well written and nicely illustrated.

The book is based on The Avengers and not all Marvel characters are therefore included - but still well worth the money.

Would recommend.
on 5 December 2013
bought for my 6 year old who is a fan of both the avengers and spiderman,this book however contains plenty more characters than thiose, i found myself taking it to bed and having a good read while my son slept! it gives great info on the characters, good guys and bad. great pictures and backstorys of tonnes of marvel creations. this book would also m ake a great gift for an adult fan
on 12 January 2014
This and it's counterpart book, DC Comis Ultimate Character Guide were a fantastic buy for £5 each for my son for Christmas. He's 13 soon, but loves his Marvel & DC characters. Full of super illustrations of each character, and information about each one; its allies and enemies, vital statistics etc; it was worth the money just for the illustrations.
on 17 December 2014
Fantastic book - gave it to an 11 year old as a present and found it hard to hand over! Really good basic round-up of the main figures in the Marvel universe. Well worth the money. Good artwork and good is brief facts about each character.
on 28 March 2015
The book came earlier as expected which is a bonus . Each page covered a different character . It' is written well and I liked how there is a power rating for each Avenger . However, some of the power ratings are questionable. Maybe if they used a power rating based on percentage , rather than numbering it would be more accurate . It is a great book for the price and would recommend if you are a Avengers/ Marvel fan.
on 9 December 2012
brilliant product, brilliant price. delivery took approximately ten days which was a tiny bit longer than i would of liked but was within the estimated delivery dates, and was well worth the wait when it got here. product it suitable for children and teenagers alike. i would recommend this to anyone.
on 18 December 2012
My son kept asking me about Marvel Avengers. Started buying Marvel Universe 3 3/4" figures and we are BOTH hooked now!!! He would ALWAYS ask me," What does he do?...What are this guy's powers?...Can she fly?"

Well now we have our answers!!!! Beautiful illustrations as well!
on 20 September 2011
I bought this as a birthday present for my niece who is a massive Marvel comics fan. I have to admit I had a good read of it before I wrapped it and for anyone looking for background and some statistics on powers etc of their favourite heroes and villains should look no further than this book.
Top marks to Marvel and DK on the book.