• Curry

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 May 2015
One of the best curry books we own (and we have a few). This is the second copy we've purchased now. A wide selection of recipes from all around the world and to suit every taste (although a lot do tend towards being quite spicy). Also they use quite a lot of specialist ingredients for people that don't cook curry from scratch that often. If you love spicy food then this is the book for you!
on 6 January 2015
I have this book and I love creating the gorgeous meals, particularly the Special Desi murgh curry (excuse spelling). I also bought it for my mother as a gift, as she kept dropping hints about wanting my book for herself :-) it's now out of print apparently so if you can find a copy, good luck!!
on 31 October 2015
This was an unexpected present and all I can say is that many of the pages are now stained with wonderful coloured spices. I've cooked a good few recipes from this book and never been disappointed + anyone I've lent it to has bought a copy.
on 25 April 2014
Brilliant book. Was recommended it by a friend. Simple and easy to follow, ingredients readily available from most big stores and specialists.
on 6 November 2014
First one I made was only a basic chicken curry which to be honest was bland, I won't be put off tho doing another this weekend x
on 1 December 2015
great range of tastes in one book, possibly the best curry book you could buy
on 13 December 2010
I bought this book as had seen a small collection of the recipes published in a national newspaper and was interested in the idea of having an eclectic range of curry recipes by renowned chefs.

So far I've not been at all disappointed, and the book is an interesting read as well as full of great looking dishes.

I've never particularly like fish curries but gave the South Indian Kingfish Curry (although made with pollack) a go and it was absolutely delicious. Other than that I've so far only tried the Keralan Lamb and Thai Jungle Curry (which I made with duck) but both also incredibly tasty - I'm trying the Laotian Green Prawn Curry with Fresh Dill tonight!

All in all highly recommended - I've only given four stars as I've only tried 3 curries so far but have no doubt this will go up to 5 when I've tried more.
on 20 May 2013
I like the various regions covered in this book, easy to follow with large type and pictures. Most of the recipes seem to have easy available ingredients.