Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 February 2014
I bought this book after my first season as a qualified gardener to further my knowledge of plants/trees/shrubs. The book was everything I expected it to be.
The pictures are very clear ,and the information given about them is easy to understand, and easy to absorb. I got this book in Early January and it's now early February, and my knowledge has increased greatly, not only from identifying plants/trees/shrubs, but how to care for plants/trees/shrubs, and which conditions they grow best in, and when they will bloom.
I can not in all honesty, think of anything about this book to dislike.
I would recommend this book, to anyone who wants to know what plants/trees/shrubs look good in their garden, or who is interested in gardening as a career.
on 20 May 2017
I owned an earlier edition which I later gave away, thinking I had no further need of it. How wrong I was. It is a wonderful book to browse through, rather like a dictionary of words, and gives hours of pleasure through its superb photos and much information too. I recommend it for everyone interested in plants.
on 15 March 2017
Without doubt, the best book for planning a beautiful garden you could hope to buy.
Daughter thoroughly pleased with her present.
New house, new home, new expectations.
This book is a must.
on 20 April 2017
What it says on the box!
An encyclopaedia if garden plants. Easy to use, good illustrations, about as comprehensive as anyone could reasonably hope for. It is a large heavy volume, but then it needs to be. Obviously a kindle equivalent would be a lot lighter, but would not be as useable.
on 30 June 2017
Bought this for my wife's Birthday as she loves gardening. It's a bit on the heavy side but full of information.
on 18 July 2017
Bought for my fiancé who was beside himself with this book. He is constantly using it and it takes pride of place on the sideboard.
on 29 June 2017
Impossible given its scope to write an adequate reveiw. Everygardener, tiny balcony to acres, should have a copy
on 16 May 2017
It is a very useful gardening 'bible'.
on 3 June 2017
Okay but not enough info on plants
on 24 March 2017