on 3 November 2015
Bought for my twelve year old son. Very, very impressive, and it has a lot of competition, so that is really saying something. Beautifully, attractively laid out, superb images and great clarity. He has scarcely put it down since I gave it to him. Strongly recommended as an antidote to the offensively dumbed-down BBC series 'wonders of the solar system'.
3 people found this helpful
on 4 June 2014
Fantastic space book ,giving us all the latest nassa findings and data.
the photography is just well out of this world , no punn intended .
the book was published in 2010 , it does mention some great nassa missions like the new horizons space probe ,on its way to pluto ,
but we wiil have to wait untill july 2015 for our first close incounter with this last planet in the solar system.
the other thing i like about this book . is the extensive section on our own planer earth.
if space is your thing . i recommend this book.
on 7 January 2017
Bought this for my 15 year old grandson for Christmas and he is really enjoying
looking through this book. He has picked it up every day since.
on 12 May 2016
For Space lovers everywhere. Was worried there might be a lot of shared info with the others in the series but my son doesn't think there's much and is super happy with it.
on 1 October 2014
Absolutely Stunning Photographs from the Earth to the edge of the known Universe. Clear, informative, educational text as well.

Very Very Highly recommended to anybody interested in Outer Space and our place in the Cosmos.
on 13 November 2013
While space is being discovered further and further, this book offers all the basic details on how the investigations began, with lots of easily understandable diagrams, photos and tables with data on planets, stars, the Sun, missions, rockets etc. A must have, and although it is quite old by now, it contains many materials and data that will not change in the future.
One person found this helpful
on 17 June 2017
Lovely book, excellent reading
on 14 January 2016
Bought this book for a Christmas present for a friend, and they love it. I have since bought one for myself as it's such a great book.
on 13 January 2017
Fabulous book. Can't fault it at all. Pictures out of this world!!!!
on 30 December 2016