on 24 July 2017
Used this lots in Denmark, good book for a short trip
on 10 November 2017
very interesting
on 26 July 2015
Excellent, as always with DK guides
on 3 June 2015
This 322-page book - the June 2015 printed edition - is a colourful and informative guide to the Scandinavian country of Denmark (and its overseas possessions, if you are feeling very adventurous). It has all the usual features, including excellent maps and diagrams. There are excellent colour photographs breaking up the text columns, so you can see what you are looking for. It is a handy up-to-date guidebook.

The Contents are -
P186: Southern & Central Jutland
P204: Northern Jutland
P220: Bornholm
P232: Greenland & the Faroe Islands
P243: Traveller’s Needs (where to stay; where to eat & drink; shopping, entertainment, etc.)
P287: Survival Guide (practical information; travel information, etc.)
P306: Index
on 25 July 2012
I bought this book to prepare for my trip to Denmark without even considering other series, as I am generally satisfied with DK guidebooks for European cities and countries. This one, unfortunately, did not meet my expectations. About one third of the book is devoted to Copenhagen, another one third to Zealand. Very, very poor coverage of Funen and Jutland, while these regions are the ones that I am planning to visit (and there is really a lot to see and do based on what I found on different websites). Also, the book covers Faroe islands and Greenland - regions which one is unlikely to visit as part of Denmark trip.
on 5 July 2017
I bought this prior to a cruise to Denmark. I didn't cover all the towns we called at. There was no mention of Aalborg or Aarhus in the index, you needed to know what area of Denmark they were in before you could locate any information. The street maps were sketchy.Aalborg's station was off the map. There is more to Denmark than churches, town halls and museums. It did provide an overview on some towns and areas that I and my fellow travellers found interesting but spent most of its time in the cabin.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 June 2010
Beautifully illustrated and lots of information. Only downside is that it is rather heavy and not a book to carry in your pocket like the Rough Guides. More a book to read at home or in the hotel. Would also have preferred to have the accommodation pages alongside the locations rather than all together at the back. Glad we bought it though.
on 19 July 2013
I have enjoyed reading this guide and would recommend it. It is attractive, well-organized, well-written, and thorough. What is missing for me is a much clearer statement of sight-seeing priorities. I love having lots of detail about different churches, castles, gardens, etc. to see all over Denmark, but what about making it obvious which ones absolutely shouldn't be missed? When I travel I normally use the Michelin Green guides, with their "three-start, two-star, one-star, interesting" ratings of all sights. I might find that I disagree with the Michelin classifications, but they're still invaluable. A clearer rating system in this guide would help me to set my travel priorities. Apart from that, it's a very useful book.
on 20 October 2016
A bit of a quick/fix. Whoever wrote or translated this didn't really care about the job they did! A number of the country's national museums are missing. The national railway museum in Odense and the national tram and bus museum in Skjoldenæsholm, which is every bit as good if not better than Crich does not even get a mention! I have been in touch with the publishers as they have as yet to publish a similar book on Finland - the missing link in their Scandinavian series, but based on this book - forget it!
on 7 March 2013
We have always found the DK travel books to be really excellent - well laid out and full of useful info. This one is no exception. If you're going to Denmark (and it really is a great place to visit - grossly underrated) this is the book to get.