Format: Hardcover|Change

on 28 April 2010
I have bought this for my 7 yr old 'tom-boy' daughter who loves it and since also ordered it for older children too.There are some great projects,like making a sweetpea tepee and fairy ring. I have a son(9) who has shown interest too,there is 'how to make a wild west garden' and 'stepping stones' from cement. I think it gives you inspiration,they are not difficult projects at all.Great as a present with maybe some of equipment,seeds canes bag of soil to get started.
on 14 May 2012
A really lovely book, well presented with excellent pictures. The really good feature is that each project is labelled with how long it will take - so often children have no idea of how long they have to wait before seeds come up so they can choose a short or long term project themselves. I gave this to my six year old nephew - along with seeds and pots etc. and he loved it.
on 5 May 2011
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter who loves planting and gardening. I've since bought 2 more copies for other children and will be buying more for other kids. This book gets children outside and wanting to learn. It doesn't bamboozle, but is clear and great fun. I've learnt quite a bit myself. Excellent for boys and girls. Also very speedy delivery. Thumbs up all round!
on 1 October 2013
I bought this for my nine-year-old granddaughter to start her off in gardening, as she seems quite interested. This book is ideal, as it explains things in simple terms from the bottom up. I wish I'd had something like this when I started gardening! Even experienced gardeners can learn something from it. An excellent starter.
on 16 May 2016
I found this book to be very informative and easy for children to understand. I would have preferred it to show more practical growing tips on different types of fruit and vegetables and less on creating fairy rings and wigwams.
on 13 February 2012
This book seems to be geared more towards girls than boys but its got plenty of ideas both for flowers or vegetables. Things which grow quickly with recipe suggestions too. It has fun ideas - growing a wigwam or fairy ring, growing things in suitcases or wellies. Lots of ideas and simple to follow instructions which is good for Grandmas too!
on 15 February 2013
Another gardening book for my nephew, who really enjoyed all the suggestions and the pictures. These books are very good as they are visually encouraging and much enjoyed by those who read them.
on 21 October 2013
loved this and have used it at home and in class with teaching assistants would definitely recommend this book to all
on 31 March 2014
A fantastic little book, very clear instructions and well set out, an ideal start for tichy humans, my 7year old grandson loves it.
on 4 June 2015
Full of simulating ideas to get children outside and learning in a fun way about their world