The Soup Book
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 November 2015
A few too many extravagant soups that I'd never even consider making. There were a handful of 'home and hearty' sounding soups which is what I was after; however these were over shadowed by the amount of restaurant sounding soups and so it was returned. A nice book of soups if you're more adventurous, however it wasn't for me.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 January 2016
I was bitterly disappointed with the Covent Garden books (they went to charity shop!) but totally delighted with this. Every recipe is appetising and the book itself is high quality with tantalising pictures of the delicious dish! Bread recipes at the back and good tips for making flavoursome stock. Buy it and you won't regret it!
on 2 June 2015
Over the last 40 years I have accumulated quite an array of soup making books. I decided to purchase Sophie's one and had planned that this would be the last one I'd buy - I owned it for approx one and a half hours, was very impressed with the recipes, photographs and lots of helpful hints before my DIL arrived. I have now had to order another one for myself, will probably buy more as Christmas presents.
on 23 October 2016
This is a good book with many different soups. There is something for everyone here and from different cuisines. May be the only soup recipe book you need. I have tried many of the recipes now and they all worked out well. Just one thing, next time it would be great to have the dishes calorie counted. Then perfect. All in all a second hand bargain that was 'as new'.
on 18 November 2015
I was quite excited at first but to are honest some of the recipes are quite strange. It's almost too much. I ended up ordering n old school simpler recipe book.
One person found this helpful
on 18 March 2016
Was bought as a present to go with vacuum food flask and was a good choice. Lots of various recipes that will keep my friend busy for quite a while. Thank you
on 6 February 2016
I bought this to go with my electric soup maker and didn't find it as good as I thought it would be. However it does have some good recipes in it.
on 7 August 2014
bought for the kitchen staff at work and they have made many of the recipes which have gone down well. They cater for approx. 300 covers per day and they bulk up the recipes - this works well - very good and robust recipes
on 10 June 2015
Most of the recipes are for offbeat type soups which I have never tried and generally would not normally try. However, there are 3 or 4 which I'm looking forward to having a go at.
on 10 March 2016
Good
One person found this helpful