Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 June 2010
Being a `visual person' I really enjoy Dorling Kindersley books. They are a feast for the eyes, with great production values. Kavida Rei's latest book, called `Ultimate Erotic Massage' is a feast in many other ways too. It is simply packed with ideas, images and techniques for enhancing your enjoyment of physical pleasure.

There are sections for him and for her and for you on your own. The book touches on aspects of tantric massage, energy fusion, ritual and role play, stimulating the mind and imagination, seduction, arousal, intimacy and connection, in addition to paying special attention to individual body parts.

I can't say I have tried all the massages out yet - there are so many it would take ages - but there is plenty here for everybody to enjoy. One massage in particular had my partner and I in hysterics in the garden on a hot summer afternoon, smothered in soapy bubbles, sliding all over each other on an inflatable mattress. Enough said!
on 28 October 2011
I actually bought this for my boyfriend and he has really embraced it. It is a lovely book, easy to read with gorgeous pictures and gives really lovely ideas of how to touch and embrace your partner and explore an area of our sex life which is holistic and relaxed. It focuses on other goals other than orgasm and its great for us as we both have hectic jobs and some of the ideas in this book give a halfway house between a cuddle and sex. Also, it directs you to erogenous zones you may not have even thought of! (i didn't think having the tops of my arms and my tummy (which i'm a bit self concious of)being massaged would feel so nice)
on 10 July 2012
I bought this book as I am interested in learning more techniques for giving my partner sensual massages. As we looked through it, we were very disappointed. It reads more like an odd, New Age type of spirituality book. That may be great for some people but it wasn't what we were interested in. It also seems as though it is designed more for people who are either virgins or who have never actually been in any kind of open, honest sexual relationship. I mean, it talks about whispering in your partner's ear, hugging and kissing! Those things are not what I would consider to be 'erotic massage'. The title would be more apt if it was 'Learning to Be Intimate With Your Partner: For Beginners' or something to that effect.

In over 190+ pages, there are only FOUR (!!!) pages that include anything that I thought it would cover (you know, actual 'erotic' things).

If you want to read about nuzzling your partner's neck and playing 'games' entailing telling each other what kind of sexual touching you do or don't like, this may be the book for you. As long as you also like a HUGE helping of New Age-y spirituality thrown in.

If you want a book that actually describes interesting, erotic ways to touch your partner? This ain't the book for you. Sorry.
on 31 January 2014
I agree with the one star review, the title is misleading. I was given this book, thank God I didn't pay for it, maybe it's just me but I feel if you need a book to put the spark into your love life and you need to play games to "spice things up" you may as well call it a day. I bought this book because I wanted to learn how to massage my husband during our times of intimacy, we enjoy our intimate times together but I just wanted to prolong the enjoyment and connection by learning to massage him and to help us both relax. What I found here seemed more suited for someone like Dorian from Birds of a Feather, the idea of playing games or blind-folding each other just seems silly and desperate and for me it's the complete antithesis of what sex is about. I'm sure this is a great book for those who like that kind of thing but for those of us who simply want to add to the enjoyment of foreplay and building on the connection they already have with their spouse this really isn't the book for you.

I have just read The Art of Sensual Massage by Gordon Inkeles and found it to be much more in line with what I was after, it's written in the 70s so has a bit of a dated look but great info for spouses who wish to add pleasure to their intimacy through touch.
on 9 September 2015
Very very good,with easy to follow step by step instructions to help you to give not only an erotic massage,but a satisfyingly relaxing massage into the bargain. I even bought a copy for a wedding present for some friends of mine!!
on 22 May 2011
this book is amazing had the best sex of my life using it, all i will say is buy it you will not be let down.
on 2 December 2013
This book has increased out level if intimacy and quality of foreplay that I give my girlfriend. The techniques shown in this book are clear.
on 29 January 2014
You can learn quite a lot with this book! Maybe it would be better more detailed, but really amazing book!
on 30 December 2014
great book, not just massage tips, it gives advice and stuff for couples to try like chakra massages etc too. great buy, worth the money.
on 3 October 2016
I love it but I had actually ordered the sensual massage not the erotic one, ah well