on 14 September 2015
This is another very nice board book from DK but bigger than the other books in the Peekaboo range. This book includes an engaging selection of baby emotions though real life pictures of babies, my baby finds it very engaging an enjoys opening each flap to reveal the baby behind each page. This book also helps babies to understand emotions, and whilst I think my 11 month old doesn't fully understand this yet, he very much enjoys looking at each face.
on 20 September 2013
I was surprised that this is quite a large book which is a major plus. It is very interactive, with an expression for each set of pages - a happy face; a sad face; a grumpy one; a silly one and a sleepy one.
We had great fun going through each "face" and at the end is a little mirror where little ones can see themselves pull all the faces that they had been practising.
Delightful.
on 3 December 2010
We first borrowed this book from the library - my kids were 6-months old at the time and they completely loved opening the flaps and looking at the baby, especially on the "happy baby" and "silly baby" pages. They were so proud of opening the flap and thrilled by the "peek-a-boo" element. I think it is what really got them excited about books. The flaps are extremely durable, which means that I feel comfortable just leaving them with the book. They liked it so much that we bought a copy. I love the fact that it is full of photos of real babies. Now they are 13 months old, they still love looking at it.
on 6 February 2016
I bought this when my son was 7 month's. He's currently 15 month's and it's by far one of his favourite books.
The pages are huge and he loves opening each flap to reveal the hiding babies; each demonstrating different emotions through facial expression (happy, grumpy, silly - we say funny, sleepy). The final page has a mirror.
on 27 March 2013
My toddler loves this book, when I got it for him he wasn't really that interested in it, but later on, he got older, he is getting amused to look at babies' faces and, especially, to kiss himself in the mirror :)
on 23 February 2014
My little girl loves looking at the 'baby in the mirror' so I brought this book because I thought she would enjoy seeing other babies. Every time a baby's face is revealed, my little girl laughs and laughs. It also focuses on the baby's emotions (happy baby smiling, grumpy baby frowning) so it will help my daughter's emotional development as she moves into the toddler years. A very worth-while buy.
on 23 March 2013
At eleven months the twins are more likely to reduce a book to chewable pieces then turn each page and look at it.
The twins were immediately attracted to the bold pictures and bright colours and didn't even attempt to destroy the book. Some weeks on the book is still in good condition - just a little chewed at the edges - and the Twins are still drawn to the bold pictures.
on 15 May 2013
It is ideal for any baby who likes baby faces. It has animals, babies, pages to turn and open and final page is a mirror for baby to look at themselves! Good size too to hold. Wonderful and great value for money.
on 28 February 2010
My little boy absolutely loved this book, it really made him smile from ear to ear. Well recommended by both of us.
on 2 October 2011
What an excellent book! We too borrowed this from the library first, and my 8 month old daughter was enchanted from the start. She likes books, and enjoys turning the pages, but she is desperate to lift the flaps on this book, and squeals with delight at seeing the babies faces behind them (especially because they're real). The mirror at the end is particular hit, and she loves talking to herself and waving when she reaches this page. I'm on here right now to order our own copy to keep!