on 29 November 2012
This book makes regular appearances in our bedtime reading - my two boys pick two or three pages each. They love looking at the pictures - many of which relate Dinos to people in terms of their size so the boys can really imagine how massive these beasts were. There's some great information about important fossil sites (and important fossils) as well as more juicy stuff about hunting techniques and many other dinosaur behaviours. All told - a great book.
on 5 April 2009
I bought this book for a little boys Birthday (he was 5 and is mad on dinosaurs) and his mother has told me that out of all the things he recieved this was his favorite and he has never put it down.
on 30 July 2014
Brilliant book. My 5 and 8 year old boys both love it! Great value
on 13 August 2011
i bought this for my son for his birthday after he had a book of awesome animals from the school library for nearly 2 months that he refused to give back because he liked it that much.
this was an excellent choice for a 4 year old -its advanced enough so that it suits him now looking at the pictures and asking questions and he will grow into it when he starts to read for himself
this has become a firm favourite he sits there for hours with this book
on 7 January 2013
My 5 yr old grandson adores this book ! ( + the adults who read it with him.) He informed us yesterday that there were only two meat eaters in the Jurassic period! ( we need to check this !) Beautifully illustrated and cross referenced . Great book - highly recommended . we bought it for him 6 months ago and he hardly puts it down !
on 11 March 2013
My 6 yr old daughter was studying dinasaurs recently. i purchased this book as she took a real interest in the subject. The book is colourful, informative and is eay for a primary school aged child to read independantly and generate interest. Would recommend.
on 11 October 2010
grandson loves it,great book for the little ones who are starting out on the road to learning
on 5 August 2013
Bought this for my 6 year old son who is mad about dinosaurs. He loves reading this book and enjoys telling me the names of the dinosaurs and if they are meat eaters or plant eaters.
on 12 December 2013
Bought this for my three year old grandsons birthday, my daughter loved it, my grandson loved it. I watched a video of them going through the book, its amazing. My daughter said the only thing that could possibly make it better is maybe explaining how to pronounce some of the dinosaur names, other than that she thinks its brilliant. I did notice my older grandson was also very interested in it, pointing out the different dinosaurs. I would definitely recommend this book
on 5 May 2013
Small enough for little people to hold, not too much tricky information, fantastic illustrations, but enough information for bigger kids too; this one will last for ages